My New Tube Amp from ampsandsound

bracurrie

My family thinks I have gone off the deep end. I believe I am too old for a mid-life crisis (although I am not low-T). I just bought another tube amplifier. That make five so far. Plus the loaner then its six. OK, OK I know there are few of you that have been through more but for me its a lot.

I got a tip a while back from someone on the forum about Justin Weber and his fledgling enterprise making tube amplifiers called ampsandsound. The information from the web site with a testimonial from Dave at Fastlane coupled with reasonable price got me to take the plunge and buy the Stereo 15 an EL84 ultra linear amp. The Manley GY50 was going to have to find another role. Justin took the deposit and offered the use of a single end amp called Little Ben.

The Little Ben was amazing. The soundstage and other single ended attributes I have heard about but never experienced, made me wonder if I really wanted the Stereo 15. Justin assured me that based on my conversation with him about my music tastes and listening style the Stereo 15 was still my best choice.

After just a couple of weeks waiting time the Stereo 15 arrived today. It looks nice and sounds great. I have only listened to about 20 minutes of EDM, rock and jazz so far and I would say that indeed I do like it better than the Little Ben, especially the rock and EDM. Sometimes I like it on the loud side and the amp seems to work effortlessly so far.

Attached are photos of the setup and amp. I do love the glow of tubes

post-45802-0-57780000-1391129307_thumb.j

post-45802-0-50380000-1391129324_thumb.j

• Like 2

Im impressed, EL84 tubes amps rock! you ears will thank you as if they haven't already .........

On my side currently blowing fuses in my La Scallas cranking Slipknot breakin in new Crites Crossovers.

Runnin KT88s on my end. you sir have achived peace within.

Edited by minermark

Oh say it ain't so. At least yours is interested. Mine thinks a boom box is Hifi.

I spoiled mine when having the idea of building mine, I built hers FIRST, pics in my gallery.

After I built hers she did not give a rats azz what I was up to in the Mancave, of course until she heard it.

her Class A tube system pushes maybe 45 watts, Mancave system 45 switchable to 70 watts, her's is also KT88s.

My family thinks I have gone off the deep end. I believe I am too old for a mid-life crisis (although I am not low-T). I just bought another tube amplifier. That make five so far. Plus the loaner then its six. OK, OK I know there are few of you that have been through more but for me its a lot.

I got a tip a while back from someone on the forum about Justin Weber and his fledgling enterprise making tube amplifiers called ampsandsound. The information from the web site with a testimonial from Dave at Fastlane coupled with reasonable price got me to take the plunge and buy the Stereo 15 an EL84 ultra linear amp. The Manley GY50 was going to have to find another role. Justin took the deposit and offered the use of a single end amp called Little Ben.

The Little Ben was amazing. The soundstage and other single ended attributes I have heard about but never experienced, made me wonder if I really wanted the Stereo 15. Justin assured me that based on my conversation with him about my music tastes and listening style the Stereo 15 was still my best choice.

After just a couple of weeks waiting time the Stereo 15 arrived today. It looks nice and sounds great. I have only listened to about 20 minutes of EDM, rock and jazz so far and I would say that indeed I do like it better than the Little Ben, especially the rock and EDM. Sometimes I like it on the loud side and the amp seems to work effortlessly so far.

Attached are photos of the setup and amp. I do love the glow of tubes

Very nice collection! tube amplifiers are better than gold literally. They sell easier than gold. I truly believe the more the better..you just cannot go wrong.