What about Klipsch withdrawal?

Mallette

So we are off for 2 weeks to Tampa, Orlando, and Key West to visit inlaws, take the kids to Walley World, and have a few days to ourselves in the Keys.

I was looking forward to it, then realized TWO WEEKS WITH NO KLIPSCH. I am not sure how well this is going to work. I'd rather do without insulin than Klipsch.

Any suggestions? Anyway to get a "fix" on the road?

Perhaps I can stop on Wednesdays at noon and listen when they test the disaster horns? What happens if you stick a funnel on your car stereo speakers?

Gawd, this is gonna be ruff...

Dave

------------------

David A. Mallett

Come taste muh' Klipsch!

This message has been edited by Mallett on 07-11-2002 at 05:28 PM

went through the same thing when I moved, the klipsch was in storage for a month or so. Frown.gif

find a Klipsch dealer, drop the kids off at universla studios or whatever, and then youcan have fun Smile.gif

you could always bring them along for the ride!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

Too bad I'm leavin Sunday for a week on a cruise or you could have stopped over here (St. Pete, where the really old people live) for a Klipsch Extravaganza. #1 Got my LaScalas on a Parasound amp as mains with Hersey surrounds and a C7 center. #2 Cornwall II mains with KG4 surrounds and a C7 center. There is a pair of KLF30's hanging around too. Bad timing.

Flason:

Is there NO JUSTICE?

Oh well, I'm off. Maybe I can at least get on the net and read about Klipsch...thought that's like listening about painting...

Dave

------------------

David A. Mallett

Come taste muh' Klipsch!

This message has been edited by Mallett on 07-11-2002 at 08:06 PM

Dave, Take Mike up on that offer. He had a helluva system with the Chorus and just bumped up the caliber with the LaScala's, and the beer is in the fridge. Also, the Hard Rock is right off Sand Lake Rd and I Drive and is easy to get to.

I can completely feel your pain. I've been without mine since June 21st. I just got married and bought a new place and in between the wedding, honeymoon, cleaning, etc. my poor Legends have been getting the cold shoulder. I have to get the floors refinished before setting everything up, so I'll be without them for at least another 6 weeks or so. Talk about withdrawals!!!!

------------------

My System So Far:

Fronts: KLF 10 (Med. Oak)

Center: KLF C7 (Med. Oak)

Surrounds: Def. Tech BP6

Sub: SW-12II (Black Ash)

Receiver: H/K AVR 25II

DVD: Panasonic DVDR31S

CD: Yamaha CDC 655

Hahfunny you mention this...just spent a few weeks visiting my family & friends in Texarkana, and my son in Hope. Normally spend most of my time with my brother, he's a Pioneer systems guy. But my son has the Kg4's I gave him in December. Spent most of my time in Hope. Sounded more like home....Withdrawal minimized!

Visited the audio shrine too!

KlipschMuseum.JPG

-------------------

KLIPSCH IS MUSICf>

My Systems f>s>c>

This message has been edited by ShapeShifter on 07-15-2002 at 12:12 AM

just went through this myself!

lucky for me, on block from the Driskill Hotel was a Hardrock Cafe, my dad and I had drinks in there for a few hours, LoL, while we enjoyed the sound Smile.gif no live band that night, but it was still great fun, and great sound. our room had a Nakamichi sound system in it.... nothing great, but better than the BOSE wave radio i once had, which was at this B&B i stayed at years ago.

you know, most, even high end, hotels do not even provide a stereo system, just an alarm clock. I find this interesting. for instance, i just stayed at a hotel where my room was $795 a night, in colorado, and we had a very nice tv, a computer, free internet, the works, however, no sound system. a full mini bar, i mean the place was meant to entertain while still at a hotel yet no sound system, very dissappointing. Embasy Suites, maxed out rooms at great prices, everything except a sound system. The Driskill had one, the first hotel in a long time that i have been to that had one, though medocre, better than just a clock radio.

i don't mean $1000 sound systems, but the mini systems from Sony, Nakamichi, Tivoli, etc, that actually do sound pretty decent for around $250.

Know of any hotels that have sound systems, just for music, not HT, in them? WOuld be interested in staying at one of those over another w/o it.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

s>

i'm glad i'm not the only one who when away misses his klipsch-fix Smile.gif hard rock cafe-good suggestion if the music fits your taste (no pun intended)

avman.

------------------

1-pair klf 30's

c-7 center (looking for 1-m.o.klf-20)

ksps-6 surrounds

RSW-15

sony strda-777ES receiver upgraded to v.2.02 including virtual matrix 6.1

sony playstation 2

sony dvpnc 650-v 5-disc dvd/cd/SACD changer

dishnetwork model 6000 HD sat rcvr w/digital off-air tuner

sony kv36xbr450 high-definition 4:3 tv

sharp xv-z1u lcd projector w/84" 4:3 sharp screen

Bello'international Italian-made a/v furniture

panamax max dbs+5 surge protector/power conditioner

monster cable and nxg interconnects/12 gua.speaker wire

Natuzzi red leather furniture set

KLIPSCH-So Good It Hz!

OOOOOooooo. It's hard. However, a scan of the Tampa phonebook located a used record store just minutes away. Spent 120.00 in about an hour. About a third of them were sealed promo albums. Got Audio Fidelity Best of Louis Armstrong, couple of AF Dukes of Dixieland, Eddie Condon Bixieland, a host of excellent classical Euro pressings, and the Dynaco Quad demo album, complete with a wiring diagram for DIY phase extraction.

Then I visited a neighborhood pawn shop and scored a Sony ST-3950 tuner. Anybody know this one? It was mint and marked 39.00. Heaviest tuner I've ever seen and seems to work well, though I had to test through a HDTV front panel input. Should be an improvement over the old Rat Shack...certain looks impressive.

Anyway, still fighting the Klipsch withdrawal. A week to go and counting.

Mike: Took the family to Walley World Wednesday. Wish I'd have logged on sooner. Couldn't find the train to Beer World, and would have dropped the family, head to your place, got a Klipsch fix and saved a 100.00 or so.

Not sure if we have any time to get back that way, but will check with the Tour Director just in case. She's about due for a Klipsch fix herself, being the Perfect Audiophile Wife that she is.

That's the report from Florida...

Dave

dave, if you haven't yet, be sure to check out the epcot center & the international section. some nice water holes in there, albeit international, after you drop the wife & kids off at Barbie's World. Wink.gif

i seem to remember a great bar/restaurant there in the Mexican zone. the one w/ the mayan indian flare & active volcano. however, don't expect the 3X to be on discount. Smile.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Forgot to mention that the pawn shop also had a pair of excellent condition Soundcraftsmen 300 watt amps at 199.00 each. Would be good for HT, I'm sure. Don't know anything that model other than a bit much for K'horns and SS to boot.

God willing, I am finished at Walley World, but thanks for the tips. I am sure I will be back over the next few years. I've a 4 yo and a 6 mo.

Dave