Lascala II horns, mid drivers, tweeters and crossovers

AlanWinslow

I converted my Lascala II's with the Volti Audio horns, drivers and crossovers.

I am checking to see if there is any interest for purchase the replaced components

The crossovers have upgraded caps from Parts Express. I would include the original caps that were

in there originally. They would not be hard to put back in if you are handy with a soldering Iron.

Not sure what to ask $ but they are all in mint condition.

I am located in Cape Coral, Florida and welcome pickup.

Ad Updated: 2/18/2014 - I will post more photo's this weekend. Better Pics of the speakers with the Volti Upgrade. The one posted was taken a while back while doing the upgrade.

The horns themselves removed from the Lascala II's will be posted them. They are packed up and I need to get them from storage.

Sorry for the quality of the pics. I don't have the best lighting setup.

I thought I may save the drivers and crossovers if I sold the speakers. The upgraded Volti Horn speakers sound great and I don't think they will be going anywhere for many years and should stay in the cabinets.

Thanks, Alan

post-8255-0-09790000-1392776840_thumb.jp

post-8255-0-35150000-1392776857_thumb.jp

post-8255-0-77990000-1392776872_thumb.jp

post-8255-0-46270000-1392776885_thumb.jp

post-8255-0-61030000-1392776900_thumb.jp

post-8255-0-47870000-1392776914_thumb.jp

Edited by AlanWinslow

Alan... we'll need a set of NICE photographs of the speakers and upgrades, and a Location if possible... you know, to build interest.

CERTAINLY... LSII's upgraded with Volti would be mouth watering to say the least. what finish are the LSII's?

Edited by Schu

Looks awesome! Do things sound better or just different with the upgrades? If you don't mind me asking, how much were the upgrades? I'm very satisfied with the LS sound, but I've thought about adding the K-402 horns when I move to a bigger place. No room for such a big horn on top of the bass-bins now :(

He's selling the K-401s, the AL-4 crossovers, and the drivers.

Questions unrelated to the sale kind of muddied the waters.

I don't see any reason to pull the K-401s out of storage, we all know what they look like.

Whoever buys the crossovers HAS to buy the tweeters. The K-77-F is a little different than its predecessors, and the high pass section of the AL-4 is specific to that tweeter.

Technically, so is the low pass, since the II's are much more rigid. Mark Kaufman, who was primarily responsible for the design of the LaScala II, told me they had to make several adjustments in the filter to account for the additional rigidity.

Whoever buys the crossovers HAS to buy the tweeters. The K-77-F is a little different than its predecessors, and the high pass section of the AL-4 is specific to that tweeter.

The drives he's selling is the k-77-D. But you bring up and interesting point....when I recieved my demo model 60th anniversary Khorns from Klipsch, the tweeters were blown....they sent me regular coil assemblys...and in response to my questions about using k-77 coils on K-77-D's, response was the only difference was the cast horn . So I bolted them in and did not question this further. So hopefuuly that puts more information on the table. Not sure how different the F's are from the D's.

Edited by speakerfritz