Thread CRAPPING Honey Pot

Thaddeus Smith

The cornwall 1's have the woofer mounted pretty close to the bottom of the cabinet. If i were to go 2-way with the HF driver and horn mounted on top of the cornwall cabinet (rather than removing the original drivers/horns and creating a new motorboard, compensating for the cabinet internal volume, etc) would I be introducing time alignment issues?

That faital driver and tractrix horn used by Bob in his type D cornscala has always interested me, but i don't want to perform major surgery on the cornwalls.

i do that with Dave's Eliptrac 400 & a B&C DE750TN-16 as a 2 way ALK AP12-500 network on top as well

I left the redid CornScala build with Crites PH-800 horn & Ct-125 in place but not wired up on set of 4 '73 Cornnies seems to be fine

this tempo set-up will work till I build new cabs once I'm done adding machines & the shop remodeling

Gantnoop,

First of all I did not comment on whether OP's price was too high, too low, or otherwise fair or unfair. Please check your facts. My point was simply that discussions about pricing help those of us who are not yet familiar with pricing for vintage equipment.

Secondly, virtually all posts regarding high end items result in others commenting about price. Most often the comments are favorable. In this case the person expressed his opinion that it was high. I took this as a warning to those of us who were looking, but inexperienced, to check further. Since you do not seem to object to pricing comments which are favorable to the OP's pricing, I am at a loss as to why you think an opinion to the contrary, if expressed respectfully, is "rude."

As for your contention that a seller has the "right" to get the best price he can, are you suggesting he has that "right" to the exclusion of others right to express themselves?

As once said "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - (Beatrice Hall summarizing Voltaire)

Edited by eth2