SOLD: Rare Frazier Elevens to Mark Zernial

Mallette

post-7390-0-64190000-1392907191_thumb.jpPWK's friend, and the only other designer PWK told me personally that he completely respected, Jack Frazier's response to the Klipschorn...just a silly db more efficient! Specs in the attached pdf.

I will start with the price: 3000.00 and buyer arranged pickup. The price is based on:

1. My love for them, but recognition that having two pair of the world's finest speaker designs (the others being my Klipschorns) is, perhaps, a bit excessive.

2. The tax deduction and pleasure I'd get by donating them to my parish for use as speakers to "hybridize" our pipe organ.

3. Fact you can't purchase a new speaker remotely this good at the price.

4. Exceptional condition. A light steel wooling and a coat of tung oil or whatever and they'd be "minty" fresh.

Also, badges, grills in excellent condition and not so much as a dent in the dust cones, etc.

Further, these may well be the last pair built as no one has reported a higher SN and former Frazier employees say less than a 100 pair were ever built.

I might dicker a bit for a sincere and deserving Forum member...but not a lot.

post-7390-0-85070000-1392906963_thumb.jppost-7390-0-09230000-1392907047_thumb.jppost-7390-0-49230000-1392907070_thumb.jppost-7390-0-61030000-1392907123_thumb.jppost-7390-0-64190000-1392907191_thumb.jpFrazier (2).pdf

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 2

wow very nice... is that a statue of Ganesh? :emotion-21:

But of course....love that guy! Purchased at a store in Singapore. I had a good friend who took me to her temple and gave me a good education in all I did not know about Hinduism. I fell in love with Ganesh, the aspect of God that shows us the quality of being happy regardless of one's state. The story is that Ganesh was the most beautiful being, and vain. God changed her appearance to that of an elephant...but she made the best of her situation and dances eternally. Great concept.

Yep, seriously mixed emotions. But I REALLY need to upgrade my recording rig both to continue my 4 channel research and in advance of the pipe organ installation at my parish. I need to do that more than I need to horde more fine speakers than I can fully appreciate.

Dave

• Like 1

OP, how do these compare with your K"s

Close to an octave more bass, and better on piano. I like the K'horns better on brass and pipe organs.

If I had to choose and couldn't have a subwoofer, I'd likely go Elevens because they are generally equal except for the extra bass.

I think they are proof in the flesh of PWKs 8 Cardinal points. They are a third larger and cost almost twice as much as K'horns when built. A pair of basic 'horns goes for a bit over 6k today. Based on the retail price of the Elevens I have and simply adjusting it for inflation suggests they'd cost around 12k today.

Dave

Gets easier as you get older, Kevin. Not sure I mentioned it, but we are also planning to downsize housing a bit in the next couple of years in prep for my retirement.

Dave

I hear you. Looking at retiring in about 4 years myself and am mentally sorting out what I can and can't live without.But I keep buying more stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes its true, I am the new owner and could not be more exicted. Yes they are going to a very good home. I am crazy about these! and yes my home is always open to anybody that wants to have a taste. if you ever wonder around the Houston, TX area look me up.

Dave Mallette - what a guy, I think I found my long lost Big Brother! If you have never met Dave in person, well he and his wife are more than what you would expect, absolute "GEMS"

Thanks Again Dave :D Happy, Happy, Happy!!!