My New VPI Classic 2

A1UC

Yeah Mamp Mono One day I will get a pair of VRD's
It sounds very nice, accurate and musical! What are your mono blocs now? VRDs are excellent. I believe you can hear the fine quality of the NBS even on Youtube, where most systems by far sound pretty crappy. The LP setup sounds very smooth, clean, and linear to me. Thanks for posting.

Perhaps, no a definite crap but...

I'm looking out to you TT guys. I have a Pro-Ject RM-5SE with stock Sumkio 2 cart and would like to investigate an "upgrade". I am using a Juicy Music Tercel II with MM/HOMC only. Question; with a budget of $1500 (assuming I can sell my TT for $500, which is what is offered as trade in allowance), should I just buy a new cartridge or another turntable?

Rega RP 6

Thanks, based on our conversations I didn't think you would mind if I jumped in this thread with this. Besides, I didn't find a lot of TT suggestions on the forums and your thread is being looked at by table guys. I'll throw it out in the 2 channel.

Wish I had your money, I'd go for the Thorens 550

Edited by USNRET

http://www.needledoctor.com/Rega-RP6-Turntable_2

http://www.needledoctor.com/Ortofon-2M-Black-Phono-Cartridge?sc=2&category=378

They will mount the cart for you all you need to do is set the tracking force - simple

my buddy just bought the same setup for around 2k shipped and is very happy

That's where I bought the Pro_Ject.

Yeah Mamp Mono One day I will get a pair of VRD's
It sounds very nice, accurate and musical! What are your mono blocs now? VRDs are excellent. I believe you can hear the fine quality of the NBS even on Youtube, where most systems by far sound pretty crappy. The LP setup sounds very smooth, clean, and linear to me. Thanks for posting.

I am using W4S Mamps in the video - also the TT isn't spinning Its my DAC along with a SBT

I am using W4S Mamps in the video - also the TT isn't spinning Its my DAC along with a SBT

one question for you... do you leave your wyreds powered on 24/7?

I love a good dove tail!

Edited by Schu

one question for you... do you leave your wyreds powered on 24/7?

I love a good dove tail!

I do leave them on 24/7 since I bought the NBS When I had the W4S STP-SE I used the triggers

thanks... I have been told directly from Bel Canto to leave the monos on 24/7 because the units reach thermal stabilization and that is better sonically. I have left them on, but I always have concerns as they relate to longevity.

thanks... I have been told directly from Bel Canto to leave the monos on 24/7 because the units reach thermal stabilization and that is better sonically. I have left them on, but I always have concerns as they relate to longevity.

I never keep anything long enough to worry about it :)