Before I purchase a subscription to Pandora.

The Dude

Does Spotify play like a radio, or do you need to create the playlists? I've been a long time Pandora member and have never been dissatisfied....I use it for music exploration and streaming at work.

I think Google is trying to do something similar now too?

Does Spotify play like a radio, or do you need to create the playlists? I've been a long time Pandora member and have never been dissatisfied....I use it for music exploration and streaming at work.

I think Google is trying to do something similar now too?

Yes it does, and it even has stations and playlist you can follow. Which from what I understand are playlist Spotify comes up with, that when you follow you get the different songs when Spotify changes the songs.

But yes the radio stations are great. However I feel that if the internet has problems, since the quality of the streaming is up there you will have some streaming problems. So if this is true, then Spotify may not be for those who have slow internet.

Found out I have to pay for premium account to stream through my Onkyo receiver. This would be a reason to pay we will call this reason number 1, what would reason number 2 be.

$10 a month for basically unlimted music is pretty cheap. I belive that you also get higher quality streaming with Premium. And no Ads!

I am starting to wonder how music artists will get paid for what they do with these streaming services.

Edited by Cut-Throat

Found out I have to pay for premium account to stream through my Onkyo receiver. This would be a reason to pay we will call this reason number 1, what would reason number 2 be.

$10 a month for basically unlimted music is pretty cheap. I belive that you also get higher quality streaming with Premium. And no Ads!

I am starting to wonder how music artists will get paid for what they do with these streaming services.

Pandora pays licensing fees to BMI, ASCAP

I love their algorithm for selecting their music they play. I just wish I could skip around and play what I want like on MOG

I know I will never pay for Pandora, considering what I get from Spotify for free. If I went from 64 aac on my computer, to 160 I could only imagine how good 320 would be. It may be worth the 10.00 Like Cut-Throat said. Its just the 10.00 here 10.00 dollars there that is adds up. Speaking of streaming, I seen since a lot of folks are streaming these days. Internet companies want to charge a extra premium for "streaming services". Which would be B.S.

It's illegal to charge a premium for streaming services. There were a series of court debates broadcasted on Cspan on this very topic....it gets into a gray area with cell networks though, and Verizon got out on a loophole in that regard.

Could you stream it from your phone to your Onkyo with a bluetooth audio receiver like this? http://reviews.cnet.com/home-entertainment/belkin-bluetooth-music-receiver/4505-6449_7-34505053.html

Edit: Or plug your phone directly to the receiver? I have no idea of bluetooth sound quality...

Edited by mungkiman

I know I will never pay for Pandora, considering what I get from Spotify for free. If I went from 64 aac on my computer, to 160 I could only imagine how good 320 would be. It may be worth the 10.00 Like Cut-Throat said. Its just the 10.00 here 10.00 dollars there that is adds up. Speaking of streaming, I seen since a lot of folks are streaming these days. Internet companies want to charge a extra premium for "streaming services". Which would be B.S.

Spotify is $120 a year. I used to spend 4X that on music. Now with SPotify my Music Library is over 20 Million tracks. The $10 a month also gets you a much better sound quality.

I'm saving money.

How much do you spend on music per year?

How much do you spend on music per year?

Oh you have very good points, it's a no brainer. I am just a cheap @$$, that doesn't like to spen money. So the answer to your question maybe $30-50, when the vinyl convention cones twice a year.