Malaysia Airlines

Rdmarsiii

Apparently, 2 of the passengers on board were using stolen passports, leading some to believe that terrorism could be the culprit. Regardless of cause, the result is tragic.

It's also interesting that this very aircraft was involved in a "ground" accident, and lost part of it's wing in that collision.

Apparently, 2 of the passengers on board were using stolen passports, leading some to believe that terrorism could be the culprit. Regardless of cause, the result is tragic.

It's also interesting that this very aircraft was involved in a "ground" accident, and lost part of it's wing in that collision.

<p>

I didn't hear about that part. If it wasn't fixed correctly, that could very well be what caused this. When did this occur?

<p>

I didn't hear about that part. If it wasn't fixed correctly, that could very well be what caused this. When did this occur?

2012 http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/missing-jet/missing-malaysia-airlines-jet-had-ground-collision-2012-n47706

As of this posting the search is concentrated around an oil slick found in the Gulf of Thailand. Malaysia Airlines has issued a statement to expect the worst. The mystery of what happened to a Malaysia Airlines flight that disappeared with 239 people on board early Saturday appeared to deepen Sunday when Malaysia's air force chief told reporters that military radar indicated that the plane may have turned from its flight route before losing contact.

The plane was two hours into its flight when Subang Air Traffic Control lost contact at 2:40 a.m. local time (1:40 p.m. Friday ET).

It was scheduled to land in Beijing at 6:30 a.m. local time. The last radar signal was received as the aircraft approached Vietnam airspace near the Ca Mau province.

The twin-engine jet was carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew.They're from 14 countries, including 153 from China, 38 from Malaysia, seven from Indonesia,

six from Australia, five from India, three from France, two each from New Zealand, Ukraine and Canada and sole travelers from Russia, Italy, Taiwan, Austria and the Netherlands.

There are three Americans on the manifest and two of those young children - Nicole Meng, 4, and Yan Zhang, 2.

Edited by JL Sargent

Apparently, "suspicious debris" has also been found, and recent intel suggests the aircraft may have turned around before being disappeared.

At the same time, some social media "personas" insist that a safe landing occurred in either China or VietNam.

My guess is, well, just that; a guess, but I'd like to know what happened. French flight 447, or otherwise.

Regardless of what the airline and SAR authorities claim about the plane "simply disappearing", the public is being denied all the facts per the usual case.

The aircraft lost contact just outside the outer fringes of EW radar monitored airspace. Awfully tragic, or awfully convenient depending upon the genuine nature of the circumstance.

I'm saddened by the reporting of investigations surrounding the pilot and his computer, yes I understand the need to do this, and the need for the public to know. Seems the press is really putting so much into this part of the investigation that they are even hoping this is the answer to it. Sorry but I find this disturbing, and believe the investigation should be done in such a way that no suspicion can be cast on him until the probe is concluded.. Am I alone with this?

Even I am watching this investigation now with a sense of maybe he was involved, I can only imagine how his family are feeling at this moment.

Edited by oldenough

My hope is that the investigators are actually being impartial, while simply looking at all angles.

This provides fodder for the media to sensationalize each possibility, which is what we the viewers are exposed to.

CNN has a "crazy" amount of coverage, and Mother Jones has some plain "crazy" information.

I'll believe the story (maybe) once everything comes out. Find the plane.

Right now there is live reporting that satellite imagery has uncovered likely debris in the Indian Ocean about 1,500 miles SW of Perth, Australia. Major sea and air resources are being moved in over staggering distances to investigate.

The facts may turn out to be quite different from some of the theories we've been hearing. This sounds almost like a "zombie plane" scenario, with everyone suddenly incapacitated for some awful reason as in the Helios 737 crash: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helios_Airways_Flight_522

Edited by LarryC

I am saddened that this story is causing uS to have an excuse to ignore the tragedy in the Crimea,

I guess I don't fully understand the tragedy part. The people voted and overwhelmingly wanted to join Russia. Are you saying the vote was rigged?

Illegal, maybe rigged too.

How do you think the Germans in Czechoslovakia would have voted, before the Germans took over?

That's a valid point. Were the Germans in Czechoslovakia in the majority then? Didn't Crimea used to be part of the USSR at one point?

Edited by CECAA850