Anyone know where K-horns can be heard in Indiana

indyhawg

• Moderators
We actually do have a full showroom now - where the cafeteria used to be.

I completely apologize to Amy and Klipsch.

I am sorry, I had no idea, never heard that before. Great idea especially since it's so hard to have stores even carry part of the Klipsch line of products. It was upsetting because Klipsch does sound better than other competitors in each price range and it's very hard to get to hear them.

• Like 1

• Moderators

No worries, LarryC and dtel!

I don't have any good pics at the moment - it's under strict lock and key, but I can tell you it's a lovely space. Very professional.

It's mostly a visual display of our models (all brands) because of the sheer number that we have, but we can set up listening demos if given a little notice.

I took this photo in there a couple weeks ago..you can see a little in the background.

family_635267602032942000.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
Outstanding!! I apologize for passing along outdated, unnecessarily discouraging information! Is it Heritage, Palladium, or both? Pictures?? That's very encouraging!

I feel the same way LarryC, great news.

Edit; Very nice Amy, really glad to see that, even the loons on this forum have not heard many of the models, it was almost imposable.

Part of the reason for being upset about this was because of our trip to Indy a few years ago. I was standing outside the hotel watching some speakers for Trey that were used at the Pilgramage in a ballroom. Trey went to go get a van to move them 500' back to the office.

While waiting a man walked up to me and asked what are those, so I explained and told him about the pilgrimage. He asked the name of the company, I told him and said the offices were right behind this hotel, he said he lived a few miles from there all his life and never had any idea they were there or any of the companies history, he thought Klipsch made computer speakers mostly.

I was just kind of shocked.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I totally understand that, dtel! It's shocking how many people here have never heard of us, or think we are based out of Germany.

Although thanks to the Klipsch Music Center just north of Indy, many people now know the name....but think we are just a music center! I get asked for concert tickets every time I tell people where I work, ha!

At least it is name recognition, and when people come across Klipsch speakers in a store, they have a distant memory of having heard that name somewhere before...

That's actually the thought process behind the sports and music sponsorships...it gives our name more exposure than any magazine ad we could run. And we only go with athletes/musicians who approach us and love us, so it's authentic.

It's difficult to get your name out there in this noisy world without spending a small fortune, that's for sure! Don't even get me started on TV ads...

End rant. :)

• Like 2

• Moderators

Your exactly right Amy, you can spend a ton of money on advertising and in the end all it get you is someone maby recalling the name when there looking at speakers. But that really helps especially if you don't spend crazy amounts of money doing it, the Klipsch Music center is a great Idea.

Even the Synergy line and headphones sold in chain stores are doing a lot to get the name in front of many people, while adding sales.

I ran across Klipsch accidently years ago looking specifically for horn speakers, I had never heard of them before that.

Almost forgot, you wook mauivoulas today.

:laugh: couldn't help it

• Like 2

Some people may assume that the time that Heritage would represent quality is past, but, IMO, they would be wrong. I have yet to hear a so called "High End" speaker system with the clean and wide dynamics of a pair of Klipschorns, La Scala IIs, or Belle Klipsches, except for the occasional big JBL system (and only a few of those are horn loaded throughout their range, e.g. a vintage Paragon, and a few rare theater systems). PWK ranked low distortion and high dynamic range (therefore efficiency) as the most important qualities, and frequency response as less important. Consequently, Heritage may not have frequency response as flat as very expensive competitors ... BUT now we have devices, such as Audyssey, that can provide better response from Khorns (and Jubs) from the listening position than ever before, and likely as flat as any others, to say nothing of the help horn loaded subwoofers and room treatments can provide. So, now is the time to let the public hear Klipsch Heritage and Pro spekers!

Thou speaketh the truth.

• Like 1

It's difficult to get your name out there in this noisy world without spending a small fortune, that's for sure! Don't even get me started on TV ads... End rant.

I know exactly what you mean. Along with my engineering career, I have been a "weekend warrior" photographer (evenings too, sometimes). I'm PPA Certified, and a veteran judge of International Print Competition among pros, and all that. yadayada................ Anyway, a local Detroit DJ with the top morning show (2 guys 2 women)suggested I do a trade to promote some family portraits at Christmas time, since I had the technology to give them 1-hour service (this was after I was a consultant to Foveon and they gave ma a $50,000 digital camera in trade).

I photographed the Wedding of one of the Women on the Air and also did a trade for poster photographs of all kinds valued about $20,000 worth of air time announcements of my Xmas specials.

I got 2 Million hits on my old Website in 2 days, but only one phone call...................for a passport photo, which I don't do. All the people wanted was to see the "local celebrity and celebrity guests" Wedding pictures for free. Not a good move on my part. Thank goodness I didn't have to write a check!

I only say all that to underscore the fact that Marketing is TOUGH! It's something that must be done continuously and panoramically to work. It's also a big part of the secret to Klipsch's success in modern times. PWK used "stealth marketing" early on, and it didn't work very well.

Edited by ClaudeJ1

... That's actually the thought process behind the sports and music sponsorships...it gives our name more exposure than any magazine ad we could run. And we only go with athletes/musicians who approach us and love us, so it's authentic.

It's difficult to get your name out there in this noisy world without spending a small fortune, that's for sure! Don't even get me started on TV ads...

End rant. :)

Amy, can you make your speakers available to movie and TV people for "product placement?" It seems like I'm always seeing small speakers on the screen. How nice a pair of Klipschorns would look in a hit movie ... people would think, "What are those?"

I'll never forget seeing Crown tape recorders in JFK, and in Starsky and Hutch, even though Starsky turned the wrong knob to adjust the playback volume!

• Like 1

I'm not too surprised that the co. doesn't maintain a full showroom of any of its lines

We actually do have a full showroom now - where the cafeteria used to be.

I am interested in checking out some K-horns. Does anyone know where I can hear some in the central Indiana area?

Please contact our sales rep for Indiana to set up a demo - Mark Hittle 317-860-8779

Thanks Amy....I will contact him to set something up.

• Like 1

Oh, and Garyrc, the high end Klipsch sytem has been the "Moutengator" (Bob Moers, former Klipsch President, showed me photos in 1976, before the patent) now evolved into the MCM Grand 4 xx in the Commercial Line, the Heritage stuff is still a good compromise, though. LOL.

Edited by ClaudeJ1
  • Like 1

• Moderators
Amy, can you make your speakers available to movie and TV people for "product placement?"

We actually do a lot of that, and sometimes shows do it on their own. Larry Crowne with Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts actually had Heresy and Cornwalls. Too bad the movie flopped. We were also prominently in The 40 Year Old Virgin and Be Cool (also terrible). The TV show "Suits" features Reference bookshelf models prominently. The list goes on, but those are some off the top of my head. I'm sure we'd like to do more if we could!

• Like 1

• Moderators

I wish I'd kept a list... this is going to hurt my overcrowded brain... The Watch, Sons of Anarchy, The Runaways, 5 Days of War, The Last of Us (video game)...I'll keep thinking..

• Like 1