Anyone know where K-horns can be heard in Indiana

indyhawg

• Moderators

Said years ago there should be a listening room in Indy with anything in current production, excluding Pro stuff, don't you want to sell speakers ? Considering there is NO business who even carries even half of the products.

Or just let it be word of mouth and those who just stumble across the brand, sounds like a silly business proposal !

OK I'm done, back to abnormal.

You may be right Bruce, I thought he had some in his living room.

He did, at one time, all very neatly fit into the corners of his room. He had a Cornwall center speaker, hidden behind a wooden built-in screen. Very impressive sound!

He built a wowee home theater in his basement; I don't know what speakers.

The last time I was in Indy, one of the listening rooms had a full P-38 Palladium setup, including surrounds and subs. However, they had let the system go downhill by replacing the excellent Aragon electronics with Onkyo Integra units, which sounded awful compared to before. There seemed to be no guiding hand who knew good sound and how to get there. At one of the Pilgrimages, someone set up a fantastic array of two K-horns, flanking a LaScala I believe, that had a time delay built in to time-align between the speakers. The drivers were not time-aligned in any of the speakers, but it was regarded as the best sound at Indy that year.

In Hope, they have a little auditorium which one time I saw had a full complement of Heritage. I don't know if they have anything there most of the time. Roy Delgado usually had a couple of the very large Jubilee/theater-type speakers in a nearby very cruddy, run-down room, next door to his rack of SS amps and time delay units. I always thought the SS degraded the sound in that setting. Hope is apparently not the place to go full-bore in display and demo.

I'm not too surprised that the co. doesn't maintain a full showroom of any of its lines, since there seems to be almost no call to see and hear them. Even Klipsch Heritage dealerships don't seem to be able to make a long-run go of it with rare exceptions.

Edited by LarryC

You may be right Bruce, I thought he had some in his living room.
He did, at one time, all very neatly fit into the corners of his room. He had a Cornwall center speaker, hidden behind a wooden built-in screen. Very impressive sound!

He built a wowed home theater in his basement; I don't know what speakers.

The last time I was in Indy, one of the listening rooms had a full P-38 Palladium setup, including surrounds and subs. However, they had let the system go downhill by replacing the excellent Aragon electronics with Onkyo Integra units, which sounded awful compared to before. There seemed to be no guiding hand who knew good sound and how to get there. At one of the Pilgrimages, someone set up a fantastic array of two K-horns, flanking a LaScala I believe, that had a time delay built in to time-align between the speakers. The drivers were not time-aligned in any of the speakers, but it was regarded as the best sound at Indy that year.

In Hope, they have a little auditorium which one time I saw had a full complement of Heritage. I don't know if they have anything there most of the time. Roy Delgado usually had a couple of the very large Jubilee/theater-type speakers in a nearby very cruddy, run-down room, next door to his rack of SS amps and time delay units. I always thought the SS degraded the sound in that setting. Hope is apparently not the place to go full-bore in display and demo.

I'm not too surprised that the co. doesn't maintain a full showroom of any of its lines, since there seems to be almost no call to see and hear them. Even Klipsch Heritage dealerships don't seem to be able to make a long-run go of it with rare exceptions.

So sad.

Some people may assume that the time that Heritage would represent quality is past, but, IMO, they would be wrong. I have yet to hear a so called "High End" speaker system with the clean and wide dynamics of a pair of Klipschorns, La Scala IIs, or Belle Klipsches, except for the occasional big JBL system (and only a few of those are horn loaded throughout their range, e.g. a vintage Paragon, and a few rare theater systems). PWK ranked low distortion and high dynamic range (therefore efficiency) as the most important qualities, and frequency response as less important. Consequently, Heritage may not have frequency response as flat as very expensive competitors ... BUT now we have devices, such as Audyssey, that can provide better response from Khorns (and Jubs) from the listening position than ever before, and likely as flat as any others, to say nothing of the help horn loaded subwoofers and room treatments can provide. So, now is the time to let the public hear Klipsch Heritage and Pro spekers!

The San Francisco Bay Area used to have at least 6 -- count 'em -- 6 stores with Heritage equiped showrooms, all but one including Klipschorns. Berkeley Custom Electronics, Pro Audio Electronics, The Good Guys (believe it or not), Poor Richard's, The Listening Post, Clifford's Audio. Three of these stores had resident engineers (who were also musicians, in some cases), and the staff at the other stores was pretty savvy, as well. Heritage could also be heard in a local theater and at S.F. State.

So sad.

• Moderators
I'm not too surprised that the co. doesn't maintain a full showroom of any of its lines

We actually do have a full showroom now - where the cafeteria used to be.

I am interested in checking out some K-horns. Does anyone know where I can hear some in the central Indiana area?

Please contact our sales rep for Indiana to set up a demo - Mark Hittle 317-860-8779

• Like 3

I'm not too surprised that the co. doesn't maintain a full showroom of any of its lines

Do they serve sandwiches while you demo?

But I think I would feel guilty having a demo, sitting there thinking about all those hungry employees while I listen and possible eat a hogie.

Am I over-anlayzing this?

Edited by tigerwoodKhorns

Outstanding!!

I apologize for passing along outdated, unnecessarily discouraging information!

Is it Heritage, Palladium, or both? Pictures?? :)

That's very encouraging!

Edited by LarryC