TAD 4002z on ebay

The Dude

As far as I know the difference between the 4002 and 4002z is the throat adapter. I don't know if the throat adapter is pricey, but this seems to me what might be a good price. Considering these usually go for twice as much.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xtad+4002z&_nkw=tad+4002z&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Good eye Tom, I don't know enough to catch those things. $800 each, wow must be the diaphragm itself more then the housing were the quality is. Well I guess depending how the aftermarkets sound you could get by with a pair for 1200.00 but then end up spending 1600.00 on the diaphragms down the road. Putting you at 2800 a pair which I don't think that would be a good deal. Again still needing to buy the throat adapter if needed adding extra cost to things.

I just went back to the posting and see where they listed that they had, had the diaphragms replaced. Guess I should read all of the description.

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 1

AS Tom said, most of the Tad 4002's we are using have the beryllium not Radian diaphragm.

Is that like opposed to aluminum as well, does anyone have any other examples of drivers that have Beryllium and Radian drivers. Just starting a conversation that is all.

AS Tom said, most of the Tad 4002's we are using have the beryllium not Radian diaphragm.

Is that like opposed to aluminum as well, does anyone have any other examples of drivers that have Beryllium and Radian drivers. Just starting a conversation that is all.
paradigm signature series uses beryllium in their tweeters.

I have a pair of Pioneer/TAD S-1EX speakers that use a beryllium tweeters.