Klipsch La Scala - $900 (los gatos)

NBPK402

I don't think it would be hard to finish.

With one unfinished without the veneer, grill, etc., going to be a lot to finish beyond the price of buying.

Perhaps the cab is finished like the other one, except for veneer.

Also, replacement diaphrapms were used int the K77 tweets . . . I believe (according to Bob Crites website) no truly diaphrapm match has been found and tested. The ones on eBay, I think, are one of those he tested and not up to the quality of OEM.

I sure do like the finish on the completed one with the veneer.

• Like 1

It comes with the grill material and framework for them... I don't know it he is including the veneer but I would think he would be as most people don't buy the veneer for one speaker when they are doing 2. Maybe someone on the forum will contact him and find out.

I don't think it would be hard to finish.

With one unfinished without the veneer, grill, etc., going to be a lot to finish beyond the price of buying.

Perhaps the cab is finished like the other one, except for veneer.

Also, replacement diaphrapms were used int the K77 tweets . . . I believe (according to Bob Crites website) no truly diaphrapm match has been found and tested. The ones on eBay, I think, are one of those he tested and not up to the quality of OEM.

I sure do like the finish on the completed one with the veneer.

Yea, those are mine. If you look at the build thread, you can tell I'm a little OCD about things. I hate having unfinished projects and this is one that never was completed. It was always "next winter I'll finish them". Being in the middle of another full automotive restoration I finally realized that it was time to let them go. I don't need to sell them, it's just time to move on to something else.

My favorite speakers right now are my old mahogany RB-5's driven with my old Sony 555ES. I purchased them both new at the time and will never let the combo go.

I have always wanted a pair of RF-7's, and hopefully I will have a pair someday. Right now I'm looking at used RF-83's, or a new pair of RF-82's.

So, that's where I'm at. I have had a ton of response on the Craigslist ad, but no solid buyers. The thing that kills the deal is that I don't have enough veneer to do the other. And it's going to be some tedious work to replicate the first.

I'll let them cruise on Craigslist for a while. If they don't sell, I'll order up another sheet of mahogany, and finish the second. If the match is not close enough, I'll spray them with black semi-gloss. Pretty much a black ash 1" thick set of perfect La Scalas with custom grills.

Thank you Ron for posting this up here. If you have any questions you can post here. I'll check back.

Yea, those are mine. If you look at the build thread, you can tell I'm a little OCD about things. I hate having unfinished projects and this is one that never was completed. It was always "next winter I'll finish them". Being in the middle of another full automotive restoration I finally realized that it was time to let them go. I don't need to sell them, it's just time to move on to something else.

My favorite speakers right now are my old mahogany RB-5's driven with my old Sony 555ES. I purchased them both new at the time and will never let the combo go.

I have always wanted a pair of RF-7's, and hopefully I will have a pair someday. Right now I'm looking at used RF-83's, or a new pair of RF-82's.

So, that's where I'm at. I have had a ton of response on the Craigslist ad, but no solid buyers. The thing that kills the deal is that I don't have enough veneer to do the other. And it's going to be some tedious work to replicate the first.

I'll let them cruise on Craigslist for a while. If they don't sell, I'll order up another sheet of mahogany, and finish the second. If the match is not close enough, I'll spray them with black semi-gloss. Pretty much a black ash 1" thick set of perfect La Scalas with custom grills.

Thank you Ron for posting this up here. If you have any questions you can post here. I'll check back.

Have you thought about selling them separately . . . one mahogany finished and one unfinished? A single La Scala makes a nice center.