Ave Maria

The Dude

I heard this song for the first time today (well enough to care to look it up). As it was being sung I thought it was a wonderful song. Any good recommendations for something of the like.

f1c2225b9da09ebd3b9a1110.L._SX300_.jpg

This CD has both the Schubert and the Bach/Gounod versions, as well as other very beautiful arias and songs.

If you are interested in the Bach "accompaniment", then you will find that this is the first of many beautiful keyboard compositions in this suite of music:

413rBR9Wj0L._SX300_.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ave_Maria_%28disambiguation%29

Chris

Thanks for the recommendations, I started a radio station based off of Schubert. When I come across them I will have to pic up and try some of the ones you speak of. I just found the Schubert version of Ave Maria, is this originally a piece by him. Just did a quick search and found it was originally performed by Bach. I will have to check that one out as well. I don't know if my search is correct, could someone shed some light on this if they have some knowledge of this.

Edited by duder1982

This is a favorite of mine and has been for many years.

Ava Maria (Schubert) as performed by Luciano Pavarotti.

play-control-2._V192200417_.gif 5. Schubert: Ave Maria

I think that was one version I was just listening to. Is it with a male singer, if so I think a prefer a female singer. But still not a bad version.

This version is performed by a male, supported by a boy's choir....

Duder, you've just stumbled into a free feast you will never be able to finish!

Virtually an endless buffet, but I suggest sampling Franck's Panis Angelicus.

Dave

You are right about that, seems if there is one song out there it has been done by over a dozen people. Sampling classical music could be a endless task, and though I have a place for it. This may be the reason I have been afraid of it, as there is some much and so little time. One thing I have been doing lately that might help. Is I have started to analyze or evaluate when I prefer to listen to certain types of music. When I set down for the evening to on wind may be a good time for sampling some classical music. Spotify is good for this as well, right now I have Ellen's Chants, D. 839: Ave, I like the pianos and what appears to be a violin, but there is a bass that I am not sure about. Then again I am currently using a cheap pair of head phones.

Edited by duder1982

I'm a big fan of Eastern Orthodox choral music. There a few amazing recordings with the Latvian Chamber Choir with Paul Hillier...performance and sonics are both Top Notch. I love the Powers of Heaven & the Rachmaninoff disc of choral music by them.