Jolida FX10

Mallette

Purchased eyes wide open from USNRET, who sold at an outstanding price. Rec'd promptly and in factory fresh packaging. Loved the look immediately, but when fired up it played beautifully for about 90 seconds then started sounding very distorted. This was perfectly in line with what USNRET had described. He immediately offered a full refund, but I decided even if a trip to Dr. Ostby was in order I wanted this thing and declined.

So I order a matched quad of JJ EL84s at 43.00. Figured I'd need them anyway and what the heck. Got home from Hope and they were here, so I went up and plugged them in. Yowzah! The Eleven's that now belong to Mark Zernial SANG! He'd better come get'em as I may move without leaving a new address.

Sweet sound, a joy to look at. The PAW loves it. About 320.00 all told.

Davepost-7390-0-03040000-1396222880_thumb.jppost-7390-0-94400000-1396222894_thumb.jp

It's going to serve in that room with Frazier Mark V's after Mark takes possession of the Elevens. That's our library and reading room so it's perfect. However, first task will be a bit of fun. After over 50 years of not always exciting Sunday School classes I am going to lead one starting next month. It's going to cover music in worship from BC to the present with the concept of the church always having been the leader in "contemporary" music developments. Short bit of context for the music, then a lot of listening followed by discussion, I'll use the Jolida with a pair of Frazer Mark IVs. Probably be some of this bunches first exposure to a "modern" hifi music system. Should be fun...

Dave

Thats really cool. Anytime to share with young people in particular a house of worship is so very good. I must mention while reading your blog/s I too felt the wealth of the Lord through many emotions I had never experienced in the order with which you directed me. God Bless you and yours. Best wishes and thank you for sharing.

• Moderators

Thats really cool. Anytime to share with young people in particular a house of worship is so very good. I must mention while reading your blog/s I too felt the wealth of the Lord through many emotions I had never experienced in the order with which you directed me. God Bless you and yours. Best wishes and thank you for sharing.

True

There are parts of Dave's blog that if they don't make you cry, you have serious problems.