New (to me) owner of Cornwall II's

jimjimbo

post-12530-0-81880000-1396319922_thumb.jHi folks,

I am now the proud owner of a pair of 1988 Oiled Oak Cornwall II's. Consecutive serial #'s. Couldn't be happier. Purchased them from a great gentleman on this forum who was kind enough to meet me somewhere in between our respective locations. I will start with a few basic questions, and in the future ramp up to more technical details. I will tell you that I am very new to the Klipsch Heritage line, but not a complete moron....

Cabinet maintenance: What type of oil should I use on the cabinets? I like the current color, but would be happy with a touch darker as well. (Is Scott's Liquid Gold appropriate?)

Grill: anything needed on the grills other than a soft brush to keep the dust off? (they are really in beautiful shape)

BTW, do most folks listen with grills on or off? Does it matter?

Anything needed as far as maintenance to the horns/drivers/etc?

At some point I do plan on upgrading and replacing the crossovers and tweeter diaphragms, as well as the mid horn diaphragms. I read somewhere that Klipsch will sell an entire titanium tweeter that can be used in the CWII's....is this true, and if so, could someone provide the contact info.

That's about it for now. I will thank you in advance for all of your helpful, experienced information. More to come. Photo attached.

• Like 1

congrats! I too picked up a pair of 88's back in November and am loving them. I had Dean at Aletheia do my crossovers and am very happy with their sound! Have fun and enjoy. Let me know what you hear on the diaphragms, i'd be interested in that info. I've heard mixed opinions on the subject and if its necessary. I've used lemon oil and mineral oil with no color change.

Wow! this is awsome. Your close to me. I hope you hate them. Im ready to buy when you are ready just hit me up. I cant take the jealousy anymore.

my most sincere regards

edit:im a 3rd shifter here on the forum but can pick them up seriously anytime, night or day

Edited by beeker
  • Like 2

Great score! Gee, everyone around here seems to be getting the Heritage speakers. :blink:

We should create a northern indiana audio group/association. There is a southern michigan audio group that hold more than annual meetups. Just seems to be a huge group up around here that could conglomerate very well.

EDIT:or maybe not lol

Edited by beeker

Why are you considering titainium diaphragms and replacing the sqwaker? If they are currently working, just enjoy them.
I agree with this. Titanium may have a different transient response characteristic than what's in there now, and may create a different way of sounding in different parts of the frequency range. I ran across this in trying out a tweeter change, which I decided against.

Klipsch has traditionally a very seamless sound from top to bottom of the whole speaker's range, and I'd not tamper with that.