RARE CARY 45 mono block SET AMPS

joessportster

OK,, it's a done deal. The Cornman has jumped back into the Set frying pan. LOL,, I just recently sold the Moondogs to another forum member (Sprinter) mostly because he inquired about them & not because they were not as good as my Spohias. The Moondogs are ever bit as good & more flexible with the ability to use different output tubes. I sold the Moondogs at a $ loss mostly because I have to much gear & unfortunately I am loosing my hearing. ..

Sprinter is a real gentleman to deal with, we had a small issue with shipping & a lesser man would have not taken it as well as Rick did. To notch>

If I can survive my colostomy tomorrow, the Cary 45's or due to arrive next Tuesday..LOL... We shall see if these old ears can appreciate the difference. I really had no plans to acquire more gear these are so unusually I just could not resist. Will post a review when they get settled in.

Thanks to all for the support, especially Joessporster for bring them to my attention & Joe be saving your coins because these may very well come back up for sale again considering my hearing - you may get a second shot at them.

If your really wanting a nice pair of 45 Mono's; I have been considering selling my Welborne Star Chief 45's. Try finding a nice pair of these for sale - it isn't easy. They are very good.

Emmvette I have followed the reviews you & Canyonman have made regarding the 45's for some time & would have defiantly been interested in yours had I know they were available. Thanks for the offer, but I had already made the deal on the Cary when I saw your post.

OK,, it's a done deal. The Cornman has jumped back into the Set frying pan. LOL,, I just recently sold the Moondogs to another forum member (Sprinter) mostly because he inquired about them & not because they were not as good as my Spohias. The Moondogs are ever bit as good & more flexible with the ability to use different output tubes. I sold the Moondogs at a $ loss mostly because I have to much gear & unfortunately I am loosing my hearing. ..

Sprinter is a real gentleman to deal with, we had a small issue with shipping & a lesser man would have not taken it as well as Rick did. To notch>

If I can survive my colostomy tomorrow, the Cary 45's or due to arrive next Tuesday..LOL... We shall see if these old ears can appreciate the difference. I really had no plans to acquire more gear these are so unusually I just could not resist. Will post a review when they get settled in.

Thanks to all for the support, especially Joessporster for bring them to my attention & Joe be saving your coins because these may very well come back up for sale again considering my hearing - you may get a second shot at them.

Please do let me know if you decide to sell. If my $$$ situation changes I would love to own these Joe

• 1 month later...

Same seller. I bought the pair on audiogon. Yes maybe I had one more glass of wine than I needed - but I don't think I'll regret owning these. I have owned a few pieces of Cary gear in the past and know that Dennis had definitely knows what he is doing! Really looking forward to the arrival.

Josh

I misspoke. The same seller that I bought my Cary's from was also selling a pair of welborne 45s. In switching back and forth on audiogon and audio asylum I was confused!

But the core truth is that two of the six are owned by forum members!

Josh