oris horn with drivers

joessportster

you are welcome.... you will like these horns... one idea for you to try is to remove the back cover along with the felt round piece of the tube and see how that sounds to you.... highly recommend you give it a try....

I also run my Oris without the back plate. I liked the sound better, more open in my opinion. However, I did leave the felt in the loading chamber.

you are welcome.... you will like these horns... one idea for you to try is to remove the back cover along with the felt round piece of the tube and see how that sounds to you.... highly recommend you give it a try....

I also run my Oris without the back plate. I liked the sound better, more open in my opinion. However, I did leave the felt in the loading chamber.

I had the pleasure of going to Rudy's house this weekend for a listen to his Oris horn"s and opem baffle bass speakers and first word that comes to mind is OUTSTANDING ! I wanted to know what they sounded like prior to Rudy setting mine up this weekend. My Oris horn's will be sitting on top of KPT-904 bass bins.which I absolutely love the bass they put out. I was looking for somewhat of a different sound in my 2-channel system and I can already tell I wont need to look any further. I never thought I would change the system I have now with the KPT-402. KPT-904 and RSW-15 on each side of the room but once I saw these after knowing how much Rudy liked them it was a no-braimer !

For those of you who were relieved to see the Oris sold, so as not to be tempted, I just found this nugget.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIS-150-w-Lowther-PM2A-and-Welborne-Labs-Bass-Unit-X-2-/201076625982?pt=Speakers_Subwoofers&hash=item2ed119d23e

Seems like another good deal.

Hey Rudy, All 5 boxes with all of the Oris horns and drivers came today in perfect condition. Blair did superb job of packing. I wasn't sure how I was going to like the Audi blue horns but in person they are stunning. Can't wait till we get time to get them up and running.

This Ebay deal seems to be good as all you need is the electronics and you are ready to go.

Edited by davis419b

Just let me know when you have time. In the mean time, you can put them together and set them up where you want. Heck, for fun, you can hook them up instead of the K402. Frequency range won't be a problem. Only issue will be relative efficiency, but not a big deal just to hook them up.

Have fun.

Don, a smidgen off topic but in line with your system changes. Are you going to try a plug and play with the Emo DAC tonight?

I have been working on it for about an hour with no success ! I got it to load the driver I think but still no music. I called the guy I bought it from and he tried to help but I couldn't get the screen he wanted to come up .It appears you have to go into foobar and tell it the new device you want to use. Believe it or not I am learning a little bit but not enough to make it work.

Don, a smidgen off topic but in line with your system changes. Are you going to try a plug and play with the Emo DAC tonight?

I have been working on it for about an hour with no success ! I got it to load the driver I think but still no music. I called the guy I bought it from and he tried to help but I couldn't get the screen he wanted to come up .It appears you have to go into foobar and tell it the new device you want to use. Believe it or not I am learning a little bit but not enough to make it work

Edited by USNRET

I have been working on it for about an hour with no success ! I got it to load the driver I think but still no music. I called the guy I bought it from and he tried to help but I couldn't get the screen he wanted to come up .It appears you have to go into foobar and tell it the new device you want to use. Believe it or not I am learning a little bit but not enough to make it work

. Damn it, I said I wouldn't crap this Oris thread; but are you trying USB or optical. Moving to your DAC thread from here if you want.

Just let me know when you have time. In the mean time, you can put them together and set them up where you want. Heck, for fun, you can hook them up instead of the K402. Frequency range won't be a problem. Only issue will be relative efficiency, but not a big deal just to hook them up.

Have fun.

Hey Rudy,

My email was hacked and had to be shut down. If you get a chance and still have my number please call me.

Don