Any interest in Azura Horns - 160hz MD/DC/VA area only

dkalsi

Liquidating my Azura horns - to my ears, using same drivers, they sound no different than the Oris horns, which I too own.

I'd like $SOLD for them. I'm dismantling my second system and thus have no use for them.

I cannot imagine anyone getting better sound than these for $600.

Let me know if you are interested.

Edited by dkalsi
  • Like 1

Nice looking set up there DHAR,

I suppose this is what you are / were using the marshand xm9 with ??

I have always wanted to try out the Azura, they are heavier than the oris, Correct ??

Which Driver were you using with these ??

Joe

Edited by joessportster

Nice looking set up there DHAR,

I suppose this is what you are / were using the marshand xm9 with ??

I have always wanted to try out the Azura, they are heavier than the oris, Correct ??

Which Driver were you using with these ??

Joe

Hey Joe. Yes, I was using the Marchand XM-9 in the system above. The Azuras are alot heavier than the Oris. I am currently using a tangband w8-1772 driver with them.

Thanks,

D

Certainly cheaper than Blairs deal, However I would have dropped the coin for blairs in a heart beat, I thought it was a screaming deal, I looked up the PM4A drivers and they were like 1600 euro each

add the upgrade aer cones, the phase plugs, the paint, and your talking serious cabbage to replace those horns, I think you buddy is going to be in audio heaven when he hears those, I would also bet you will be impressed with those drivers, Now at new price I would deffinately agree that the diminishing returns law comes into play but that's a preference thing at best

As far as buying DHAR's I am literally BROKE, I am mainly probing him for the info that most would expect. In an effort to keep his sale thread current. I have dealt with DHAR a few times over the years and we have both been typically happy

Thanks Joe/Rudy.

Joe - the drivers are not included. I thought about holding on to them for sake of using them in another DIY configuration (bedroom monitors) down the line - but who knows when I will start a project like that. I can include the drivers for another $SOLD (but I will not sell the drivers without first selling the horns). I also have Fostex T90A tweeters if someone was interested for $SOLD (again - only for sale if the horns sell).

That's $SOLD for the horns + Tangband W8-1772 drivers + Fostex T90A tweeters - just add bassbins and you got yourself one heck of a pair of speakers.

Edited by dkalsi
  • Like 1

Liquidating my Azura horns - to my ears, using same drivers, they sound no different than the Oris horns, which I too own.

I'd like $600 for them. I'm dismantling my second system and thus have no use for them.

Shipping would be a problem ? I have some play money coming up and just wondering.

• Like 1

I'd like $600 for them. I'm dismantling my second system and thus have no use for them.

Shipping would be a problem ? I have some play money coming up and just wondering.

Mark - I think shipping would be cost prohibitive - these are very big horns - I believe 38" diameter. They are also pretty heavy (unlike the oris horns which are amazingly light). Perhaps you can get in touch with crate and freight - I'll be happy to accommodate in any way I can.

• Like 1

Mark - I think shipping would be cost prohibitive - these are very big horns - I believe 38" diameter. They are also pretty heavy (unlike the oris horns which are amazingly light). Perhaps you can get in touch with crate and freight - I'll be happy to accommodate in any way I can.

Iv been looking for a set of these for a wile looks like im on the wrong coast like joesporter always says, great price though, to far to drive for me or id have them this weekend. thanx anyway.

Im still thinking about flying back there buying a POS van, score your horns and party all the way back out west....im thinkin, im tellin ya im thinkin.

The wife just said, so I suppose you want a ride to the airport ? yeah im thinkin.........

• Like 2

Well the wife has given me to go ahead that she wants to go with me but wishes to save her vacation days.

So she is fine with me Flyin to the east coast buying a van and pickin up these horns, then since there is really no hurry or direction, I may just turn this into an audio buying adventure all the way back and take a week or two zig zaggin back out west, FORT WAYNE could be a stop for a drink or two.....hummmm.

I am already envisioning my daily agenda.

Wake up, breakfast/Pub surf the CL finds, that will determin direction and im off, dam sounding better every time I think of it.......

Still really waiting to confirm everything with dkalsi.

Edited by minermark