JBL 2445 vs P. audio BMD 750 Series II

Which one is the Jamboree?

They are referring to the Dana Moore horn design using two 15 inch drivers from several years ago.

Here is JWC's build thread.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/78667-did-a-jubilee-now-its-time-for-a-jamboree/page-1?hl=jamboree

Nat Denkin's build thread.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/124926-building-jamborees-in-the-dining-room/?hl=jamboree

Those are some helpful reads, I wish I came across them when I was building. I know my next build I will do a better job mocking things up, and fine tuning the parts so it turns out better.

The high frequency roll off of the bass bin will be a function of the 1) driver, 2) throat, and 3) geometry of the folding of the bass bin. "Hornresp" does not model # 3.

What does the designer of the Jamboree say (he used to be a member here)?

Mostly it's mass rolloff of the driver. Throat can help the highs without hurting the lows too much, but it's part of the BALANCE of all the other stuff. Then the folding (large radii and fewer folds seem to be the general guide line, but there are exceptions). You are correct with #3 since Hornresp oversimplifies everything and assumes an axis symmetrical horn. However, once you have a model, you can try different drivers, lengths, throats, etc. and you will get a pretty good idea of whats important or impactful RELATIVE to everything else. The true test is listening and measuring in YOUR room.

Claude, we ae not in disagreement. My point is that the folding may be the limiting factor on HF response and not the driver's mass roll off. In which case swapping drivers may be of no benefit (at least for HF extension). For instance the HF extension in the Klipschorn and La Scala are determined by the folding geomery and not the driver's mass roll off ( so I am told). IOW, The K-33 in a stright horn goes higher

I'm sure it's a combination of those things to get to the final response. My FH-1's with any woofer, including the K-33 has a higher cutoff, and the number of folds is the same as a LaScala, but it does have corner reflectors, which makes a difference also, apparently, you are correct. But the larger difference in modeling lots of horns comes mostly from the mass rolloff in any given horn as well as BL product which tips the response more towards the midrange than the bass. No matter what, it's a complex mess to deal with, eh?