Any NBA Basketball Fans? East/West Conference Finals Starting Sunday & Monday

LonestarBlues2

I'm a Diehard San Antonio Spurs Fan and have been for many many moons since the days of the Iceman George Gervin. If you know who the Iceman George Gervin is, you're an old fart like me and probably are an NBA Basketball Fan. I like the Houston Rockets & Dallas Mavericks also, but the Spurs are my Numero Uno Team. The Spurs play Old School Fundamental Team Basketball that reflects their Coach-Coach Pop.

Eastern Conference Finals Sunday-Indiana Pacers vs Miami Heat. I picking the Heat to win this Best of 7 Games Series. The Pacers are Dr Jeckyl & Mr. Hyde of the NBA, they have a very good team. First half of the season before the All Star Game, the Pacers were playing excellent team basketball. After the All Star Game, the Pacers have played like caca, inconsistent, selfish non team basketball. The Pacers have gone to hell in a handbasket and limped in to the Conference Finals. The Pacers & Heat hate each other, expect lots of physical play.

Western Conference Finals Monday-San Antonio Spurs vs Oklahoma City Thunder. I'm picking the Spurs to win this Best of 7 Games Series. The Spurs are peaking at the right time and playing excellent team basketball. The Spurs deep bench has been playing good and contributing/helping them win games. Hopefully Tony Pepe Le Pew Parker's grade 1 hamstring strain will not get worse or affect his play. OKC has an excellent young team, Kevin Durant & Westbrook are excellent basketball players. OKC beat the Spurs 4 times during this season. And OKC beat the Spurs 5 times during the playoffs 2 seasons ago. The Spurs always have a hard time playing against OKC.

Edited by LonestarBlues2

This was the view from my seats at game 4 of the Portland Blazers - San Antonio Spurs series. The ONLY game that Portland won in the series, probably because SA wanted to win the series at home. Still, great seats, and a fun game. The only people in front of us were the statisticians (on the floor), and we were in the 1st row of the stands:

Edited by mungkiman
  • Like 1

I hear you on the Pacers, but I hope they win against Miami. I think they can win if the refs stay out of it. My inlaws live outside of San Antonio, and I do like their team, especially Duncan. That whole organization seems top notch. The first part of the year the Pacers went 46-12, the last they went 13-12. I'm not sure what happen. It seemed like it started when they traded Danny Granger, even though he never played, it disrupted the team. I think if the Pacers were on their game, they would give the Spurs a better game than Miami, the Pacers are much deeper.

I'm from West Virginia, and there are no professional sports here. I like to watch the best players in the biggest games, to see how champions play.

I'll go out on a limb here and say it will be Miami vs SA in the finals. Indiana is terrible and has been for months, and SA should be able to overpower the now short-staffed (Ibaka out) OKC squad.

+++

This next comment reflects not just the recent terrible reffing, but NBA officiating through the years; I have NO CLUE how the NBA officials call games. No idea. And if you say you do, I will say you don't, because how could you? The REF'S have no clue how to call a game!

This Old South Texas Boy no comprendes the sport of Hockey. I know ya' got hockey sticks & a puck, have power plays, body checking into the wall, lots of fights & players get sent to the penalty box for fighting & other dirty play. I don't know the rules of hockey and have only briefly watched pieces of games in the past. I really think you have to live up North where you have lot's of cold weather and been raised/exposed to hockey at a young age to like & appreciate the sport of hockey.

Hibbert is in control of the whole thing. If he plays his best, Indiana might be the best team on both conferences. A dominate big man has been missing from the NBA for a while. If Hibbert is gonna continue to be one of those in these playoffs I believe they could win it all. Paul George is an up and coming superstar.

If Miami falls short of another championship, what will happen to the big 3? Gone, I suspect.

Hibbert is in control of the whole thing. If he plays his best, Indiana might be the best team on both conferences. A dominate big man has been missing from the NBA for a while. If Hibbert is gonna continue to be one of those in these playoffs I believe they could win it all. Paul George is an up and coming superstar.

If Miami falls short of another championship, what will happen to the big 3? Gone, I suspect.

Miami has won the championship the last 2 years.

"Miami has won the championship the last 2 years" I know, what's that got to do with the price of tea in China? If they don't win a third, I'm saying its done in Miami with the big 3 James, Wade & Bosch.

I don't see that team splitting up the big 3, James is still fairly young, and is a huge force on the floor. They need a point guard.

I agree with your Roy Hibbert statement, he is the key to Indiana's success. I also like David West, he is the heart of the pacers. They have a very deep bench, but didn't use much of them today. I hope they do well.

"Miami has won the championship the last 2 years" I know, what's that got to do with the price of tea in China? If they don't win a third, I'm saying its done in Miami with the big 3 James, Wade & Bosch.

Even if they win, I'm not sure they stay together. Wade is old and has been injured, so his contributions to a championship team is now behind him.

And James will leave, and sign with the Lakers, for approximately 1 billion dollars, you wait and see.

Remember you heard it here, first.

This Old South Texas Boy no comprendes the sport of Hockey. I know ya' got hockey sticks & a puck, have power plays, body checking into the wall, lots of fights & players get sent to the penalty box for fighting & other dirty play. I don't know the rules of hockey and have only briefly watched pieces of games in the past. I really think you have to live up North where you have lot's of cold weather and been raised/exposed to hockey at a young age to like & appreciate the sport of hockey.

Yeah. It's funny how none of that applies to me. I guess to appreciate the sport of basketball you had to have grown up in the ghetto where that's all there was to play, or maybe had a sadistic gym teacher who forced you to stay inside even on sunny days to play basketball. Or maybe to appreciate automobile racing you had to grow up in a garage or near a race track and spent all your free time trying to make your Chevette go faster. I sometimes think to even begin to understand soccer you had to have grown up in England or Brazil, because, lets get real, what an unfathomable mess that off sides rule is. if you weren't raised in a barn horse racing is completely mystifying, trust me, I know, because I wasn't. This old north central Texas Boy will just stick to the sports he can understand.

• Like 1