Ya Mon, No woman, No Car

thebes

I say Bullshit, having been to Saudi Arabia (2008), and acknowledging the changes since when these lyrics held true.

In addition to seeing women driving themselves (and working) it was also interesting to note humanitarian efforts such as different sized paper currency (by denomination), so that blind people knew they weren't being ripped off when receiving change. Government checkpoints had, in addition to heavily armed guards, reader boards with such messages as "Be good to your heart, have your cholesterol checked today!"

Fascinating, really.

• Moderators
I say Bullshit, having been to Saudi Arabia (2008), and acknowledging the changes since when these lyrics held true.

In some towns and it's very subject to change, there even trying to push Sharia law off and on which is as strict as it gets.

Looks exactly like my son in law, I know may of his friends and will say this...What do the feed these guys I have never seen anywhere that young guys in there 20's who could grow a full beard in 3-4 days !

Edited by dtel

• Moderators

That's crazy, my SIL showed me some of those, he said there is nothing for young people to do so it usually ends up dumb like this. He says it's no big deal to rent a car and go nuts and return it. Many have been killed watching by the road as they slide all around.

I asked him what was the biggest thing to get use to when came to the US, he said it's amazing everything is green, trees, grass and plants, we don't have that just some palms unless you go into the mountains than you might see a little more.

It's all just nuts

A Youtube search for "Arab Drifting" will quickly demonstrate the dangers inherent to very well financed boredom.

Much of the current greenery in SA (Palms, golf courses, and otherwise) are largely due to massive desalination facilities. When my mother lived there as a child, golf courses had blacks instead of greens (oil was poured on the sand), but now they more resemble oases.