lascala buzzing

Is this normal, seems if I push on the side of the cabinet it either goes away or quites down. Is this why folks put braces in. I haven't removed the bottom and taken a look inside the dog house yet to see if anything is loose.

• Like 1

I think that is the reason... If it was a loose part I think it would keep buzzing no matter what. It must be the resonant frequency of the cabinet. :) Do you know what frequency is it buzzing at?

• Like 1

That's why people put braces in or stiffen the sides. It's also why the newer Lascalas have wider material on the sides of the cabinets.

I crossed mine over to a sub at about 70 Hz. it got rid of the buzz and I kept the stock appearance.

• Like 1

Mine will be used as a center, with the sub crossed at 80 or so, should I not worry about it until then to see if it does it then. If I find a amp I could add that spud to it to see what happens.

It should be fine like that.

If it is buzzing, then I don't think it is an issue of needing a brace. I think there is something loose inside. Have a look and poke around.

I was thinking of doing that anyway, just to make sure I have everything in there good. If I remember correctly when I received the driver I just put it in there to store it and not check that everything is good and tight. Maybe tomorrow as I don't have to work and it will be a good day to play with speakers. Plus I need to get the drivers back in the Jamboree to see how she performs.

If it is buzzing, then I don't think it is an issue of needing a brace. I think there is something loose inside. Have a look and poke around.

He said that if he pushes on the sides of the cabinets, the noise goes away. I still think it's a cabinet resonance issue.

• Like 1

If it is indeed the cabinet and you fix it, you will come to think you've added an octave (or some amount) of bass to their output. It's already there, just masked by the buzzing.

In his active settings, Roy puts in a -7 db PEQ at 148 Hz (Q=8) to help kill it electronically

In his active settings, Roy puts in a -7 db PEQ at 148 Hz (Q=8) to help kill it electronically

That is what I am running, and yes I only notice it on certain frequencies.

post-27403-0-29000000-1401037626_thumb.p

Edited by duder1982

He said that if he pushes on the sides of the cabinets, the noise goes away. I still think it's a cabinet resonance issue.

I agree.