FS: Eliptrac 400 pair & ALK Universal Crossovers

shepjk01

Switching out components in my system again so I have a few items for sale

1. Eliptrac 400 horns from Daves Fastlane Audio a little over a year ago. These were built by Dave. They sell new for 525 plus shipping. My asking price is 350 plus actual shipping charges

via fedex ground. (SOLD)

2. I have a set of ALK Universal Crossovers I built a few years ago. They are built exactly to spec. I used Clarity cap ESA's in the midrange and tweeter network portions. My asking price is

350 plus shipping in the CONUS. I have a couple hundred more than this just in the parts.

3. Minidsp Dsp balanced 2x4 with power supply. I went with the 2x8 instead. It has the stereo 2 way xover loaded onto it. I have used it for a total of a couple hours. $110 shipped in the CONUS.

All of these items are available for local pickup in Northern Indiana area code 46706. If you would like to check my feedback on avsforum my username is shepjk26 and shepjk25 on ebay.

post-23824-0-91760000-1401478728_thumb.j

post-23824-0-90160000-1403294107_thumb.j

post-23824-0-57760000-1403294116_thumb.j

Edited by shepjk01

The prices are pretty firm. Also with the horns I tried jbl 2485's and b&c dcm 50. I like the sound of the jbls better so I'm in the process of building a pair of 223fc tractrix horns from jwcs plans. This will allow me to cross at 300 hz from the bass bin.

• Like 1

The prices are pretty firm. Also with the horns I tried jbl 2485's and b&c dcm 50. I like the sound of the jbls better so I'm in the process of building a pair of 223fc tractrix horns from jwcs plans. This will allow me to cross at 300 hz from the bass bin.

That JBL driver looks great on paper. Where can it be purchased and at what cost? Man I hate this disease :)

The 2485 is a discontinued driver it was created to replace the 2482. I almost never see the 2485 come up on the used market. I got lucky when I got mine off of the original owner who had only used them a few times he was a local guy who collected jbl items.

This was around six years ago before the prices went through the roof on the 2480 series drivers.

I have had a few questions regarding the crossovers they are built to the original alk universal crossover schematic using all solen air core inductors( 12 awg in the woofer section and litz air core inductors in the mid and high end).Clarity caps in the mid and high sections. These ARE NOT based on the economy version which alk currently sells. The parts in these are well over the $500 mark.

Priced lowered to $350 plus shipping on the alk universal. I will not go lower as it would cost a few hundred more just to build this using the same exact parts. Remember this will work in all the heritage lineup as well as a cornscala and cornwall.

Before you make a post in some one else's thread please know your facts. They will work in cornwalls and in fact the universal is the only crossover al sells for the cornwall. Sorry I didn't explicitly state it but they will work, but are not meant for heresys.