Sale Pending NBS Line Stage For Sale

USNRET

Just a heads up to ya'll in case you are considering a phono stage and/or preamp purchase. I am selling to combine units to reclaim some space in the rack. They won't go until I time the arrival of the new stuff from Craig; approx a month.

The Tercel II is from the last batch from JM is in perfect condition with zero marks, mars or operating defects. Has all original packing etc. High output inputs only, no "Cream". It will come with the factory tubes that have been unused. Asking $500.00 plus shipping from 78418 Sold

The NBS is line stage only but has both low and high impedance outputs ($200 mod from Craig). Useful to drive subs or persnickety amps. This unit is also without defect. Craig has assured me that this preamp will carry the original warranty as if you had purchased new from him. It will come in original packaging and will not include the cabinet as I am keeping that for the new one. Asking $1400.00 plus shipping from 78418

Tercel photos deleted as it is sold.

post-19886-0-04460000-1402161813_thumb.j

Edited by USNRET

Useful to drive subs or persnickety amps.

"Persnickety?"

From our google friend:
a : fussy about small details
: requiring great precision
I use my sub in both 2 channel and HT mode. This NBS output makes the integration much more friendly. I set up the two channel using the gain control on the sub and then use Audyssey to trim the sub for 5.1. That makes switching over seamless.
Edited by USNRET

Useful to drive subs or persnickety amps.

"Persnickety?"

From our google friend:
a : fussy about small details
: requiring great precision

Thanks, just never thought of an amp as "persnickety." Frustrating, horrid, sucky, worthy of being smashed on the floor, but never "persnickety." :unsure:

Edited by eth2

The word just popped into my empty head while composing the ad. As I understand it from Craig, it can be used to adjust for the differences between input requirements of SS vs tube amps. I use it for subs.

Craig had some communication with my sub builder (Tom V at Power Sound Audio) to ensure that it was a suitable impedance match.

Craig, please jump in and give the low down if my engine mechanic brain has mus-represented this.

Edited by USNRET

It's a great word. Or as Floyd the Barber from Andy of Mayberry would say:

"Ohh, it a fine word, fine word."

I absolutely love that show but I have some thoughts about Floyd. Another favorite is The Honeymooners. Trivia, what cartoon spun off the Honeymooners?

The extra output is a 12AT7 cathode follower. Basically the standard 6430 line stage signal from the plate is handed to the cathode follower to lower its impedance to drive long cable and low input impedance SS amplifiers (persnickety amp) LOL!!. I can even add it to the NBS phono preamplifier for those by-amping with a low impedance SS amps for the bottom end.

The NBS line stage above will qualify for a as new original purchaser warranty since its so close to new...

All new products from NOS Valves come with a lifetime service warranty (my productive lifetime) for the first year the customer just covers the cost to ship the unit in no other costs other then tubes after the manufacturer 6 month warranty if required. After the year the cost rises to a basic $50 bench fee and all shipping costs in and out. If the unit is sold the warranty follows the unit at a higher $75 basic bench fee plus all shipping cost.

I plan to work until my body will not allow me to do so...I hope that another 30 years. I can offer the above warranty simply because in just over 10 years of building new products I can count on my ten fingers with fingers to spare the new products that required a return to my shop....heck its not to much different for vintage units and I give them the same warranty if I;m allowed to do the project "my way".

• Like 1

Another thing...Mike is being very generous with his price. I told him earlier today to at least list it for $1500.... WIth forum discount this preamp with Low output impedance option would currently be about $1900.

Preamp $1899

Low output $200

10% off base -$190

Another thing...Mike is being very generous with his price. I told him earlier today to at least list it for $1500.... WIth forum discount this preamp with Low output impedance option would currently be about $1900.

Preamp $1899

Low output $200

10% off base -$190

Thanks Craig I would like to return favors here. If I were to list it elsewhere I would ask $1650 otherwise into the box it goes.

When you going to list those VRD's ? you don't want a set of used amps to go with that new NBS :P

That ain't happening. VRDs are here to stay and the only reason I am selling the Tercel/NBS is to minimize the cubes used on the rack. Next up is the Jolida JD-100A modded by HOTRODAUDIO. I will then use my Oppo BDP-105 as the CD source.