Items for sale

jhawk92

Adding another "For Sale" post to the unofficial Klipsch want-ad location. I have a pair of light oak KG 1.5s that have been sitting in my basement waiting for a new home. They are in excellent condition and have the original boxes and packing material. I had bought them for surround back speakers, but didn't realize how light the finish is in comparison to my OO Klipsch.

Also, I have a near-mint KV-3, satin black finish. No box on this one, but it has been in a loving home and not pushed hard.

If anyone is interested, please drop me a line and we can discuss prices. Thanks.

Everyone-

The KG 1.5s have been sold to erdric (Jim). They'll have a great home up in Massachusetts paired up with more Klipsch speakers. Jim drove down today and we did a very short demo session, mainly to verify operation on the KGs. However, he did drool a bit over the OO Chorus IIs (thanks Mike L!!) and my Forte IIs. Sounds like I've given him yet another upgrade bug. Sorry Jim! Smile.gif Of course, he gave me an upgrade bug on subwoofers. He has the SVS 20-39PCi and loves it. Says it matches great with his KG4s for music and has incredible HT applications. I'm looking at the 20-39PC+ for my parents and may just have to get one for myself!

If I can post praises of fellow board members, Jim is a great guy, and a real Klipsch lover. We had a smooth transaction and it was great to keep the extra speakers in the BB family and send them to a loving home. If anyone in the future has need to do business with Jim, I'll give a good reference on his behalf.

At any rate, the KV-3 is still available. It is a single center channel and ready for a good home, no box, but in near-mint shape with no dings or scratches. Drop me a line.

Rob

Thanks for the kind words Jhawk92 (Rob)! Wow, a FDG for me? Cool.

Rob was great to deal with. We made the arrangements Sunday morning and I picked the speakers up Sunday night. He was very accommodating and I appreciate it very much. As Cluless says, it's great when we can avoid the nasty parts of Ebay and help each other out.

Rob has one hell of a system and I have to admit to tremendous envy. Today was the first time I had a chance to hear either the Chorus or the Forte so I was really excited. To say they're amazing is quite an understatement. I didn't realize how big the Chorus are. They are such a presence in the room and absolutely beautiful. My Kg-4's look like bookshelf speakers to me now.

As Rob mentioned, I have officially gotten the Klipsch upgrade bug again. During the ride home I decided to upgrade to the Forte as soon as I can find an acceptable finish. I expected my wife to lose it when I told her but she shocked me by saying it sounded like a good idea. So, if anyone happens to know of a pair of Forte II in Lt. oak for sale...

And yes, I do have a SVS 20-39PCi. I can't recommend it highly enough. It is very clean and powerful. I have a hard time listening to other subwoofers now, even really good ones. Toy Story 2 is a completely different movie with the SVS. Anyone who can should take advantage of the summer prices at SVS and get one. Rob, you should definitely do it. As good as your current sub is I honestly believe that you will be much happier with the SVS. If it can make a believer out of my wife then it has to be good!

Thanks again for the great speakers Rob. I'll put them to good use.

This message has been edited by erdric on 07-28-2002 at 11:46 PM

Clu-

So is there a list of all the different animations out there somewhere?? I'd love to drop a few in when appropriate.

erdric

Well, glad you could make it down so fast and be able to take the speakers home and fire them up. Thanks for your kind words. I certainly enjoy my system and yes, those Chorus IIs are monsters. But they play ohh so sweetly.

Glad to hear your wife doesn't mind an upgrade. You'll be very happy with the Fortes and once you get them, you'll not want to part with them. Guess we'll all be on the lookout for light oak Forte IIs for you. Looks like I should be jumping on the SVS summer sale then; if I keep getting all these good reports, I'll just plop down the CC and away we'll go.

JHawk-

If you click on the smiley button, the one by the formatting buttons, you'll get a list of the ones that you enter by name like "colon"eyes Eyes.gif. The other ones I steal from other people's post's.

Justin or TPG - can you point us to a list?

This message has been edited by cluless on 07-29-2002 at 08:56 AM

Congratulations, Jim! Like you, the deal with Rob was first rate. Glad you got a chance to hear his system. I bet it just rocks! I had the Chorus II's and Chorus I's for rears, and his system is very similar.

The great thing about this board is meeting new people and then going over their house to check out their system. If it was not for Q-Man, I would not have persued a pair of La Scala's. Oh yeah, I would still have the Chorus II's as well. I do miss them...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

Clu-

Yeah, I've used the smiley button before, but I do like FDG as well as some of the others people have used. Maybe Justin can some through for us.

Mike-

You are welcome to swing by while you are in the area up here. I'm sure your babies would love for you to see their new home. Biggrin.gif

Magic Smile.gif

My bigass JBL subwoofer is about 8" from a TV (on the other side of the wall!) and the TV is fine. I wouldn't think sheetrock and 2 X 6's would phase magnetic fields.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

erdric,

It really depends foremost on your tv. If you find your particular tube is very sensitive, moving your speakers a very small amount can make all the difference in the world. As a side note, RPTVs are much less "bothered" by spekers magnetic fields.

-ScottWavey.gif

------------------

BobG modified Forte II's

KG-4 Surrounds

Academy Center

DIY Sub based on Adire Audio Shiva Woofer

Sony DB830

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll have to wait until I have the speakers to see if I will have to deal with shielding.

I have my Kg-4's about 9 inches away from my TV due to room layout. No problems with distortion. I figure the magnets in the Forte will be stronger than the 4's and may have an effect. We'll see. If it does affect the TV then I'll look for bucking magnets to save the day.