*SOLD*: Yamaha RX-A1020 Aventage A/V Receiver

Rick

Since I've been fortunate to have been back to work for 4 months now, I'm able to do some major upgrades to my setup that I've been wanting to do for a while. I've been lusting after a Parasound P5 pre-amp since it was first announced, and I'll soon be purchasing one, to be paired with a B&K Reference 200.2 amp that will soon be on its way to my doorstep... B)

Due to this, I am selling my Yamaha RX-A1020 to help fund these purchases. I ordered it (brand new, not a refurb) from an authorized dealer (World Wide Stereo) via Amazon on December 25th, 2013. As with all my toys, it has been used in a smoke/pet/child free home, and is like new. It, like all Yamaha products I've owned over years, has performed flawlessly for me. It has an excellent build quality, sounds great, and is very good looking (IMHO)...

It will ship in its original box, as well as being double boxed. Included in the sale are the receiver, remote, power cord, AM/FM antennas, and all original documentation. I'll also throw in a few free goodies with purchase: (1) 15' heavy duty Monoprice HDMI cable w/nylon braiding (nice heavy cable, but very stiff), (1) 6' Monoprice (I believe) HDMI cable (nice and flexible), and (1) 3' pair of Radio Shack Fusion interconnects (remember those?)...

My asking price is $649 shipped, to the US only. Postal Money Order/Certified Check/Personal Check (will not ship until it clears) accepted as payment...

Yamaha product page:

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/aventage/rx-a1020_black_u/?mode=model

RX-A1020021_zpsbdfda26c.jpg?t=1404014061

RX-A1020020_zpse520172c.jpg?t=1404014367

RX-A1020003_zpsb3c0994b.jpg?t=1404016263

RX-A1020009_zps5cee282c.jpg?t=1404016160

RX-A1020015_zps827c16f2.jpg?t=1404015973

RX-A1020017_zps30a01f3d.jpg?t=1404015276

RX-A1020018_zps43704dec.jpg?t=1404015435

cables004_zps331a41da.jpg?t=1404013656

Edited by Rick

Good luck with the sale Rick … i sure missing talking to you back when you had graveyard shift.

To all who read this: Rick is a stand up guy, you can trust him.

Hello Steve! Thanks for the kind words (and free bump)... I miss those days as well my friend... :)

receipt001_zpsa8eaf617.jpg?t=1404020910

Rick,

I have heard very good things about the Yamaha Adventage AVR's and their new pre/pro that is getting fantastic reviews.

Good luck with your sale.

I've been lusting after a Parasound P5 pre-amp since it was first announced, and I'll soon be purchasing one, to be paired with a B&K Reference 200.2 amp that will soon be on its way to my doorstep...

Sounds like a wonderful combo. Which speakers will you drive with these?

To all who read this: Rick is a stand up guy, you can trust him.

Now that's a fact Jack. B)

Bill

I've been lusting after a Parasound P5 pre-amp since it was first announced, and I'll soon be purchasing one, to be paired with a B&K Reference 200.2 amp that will soon be on its way to my doorstep...

Sounds like a wonderful combo. Which speakers will you drive with these?

Bill,

I will be driving a pair of Focal 806V's with the combo for a while. The speakers handle 125 watts RMS, and I was looking for a B&K 125.2 to drive them with, but found a killer deal on the 200.2 and couldn't pass it up. At least this way, I'll have the power to drive virtually any speakers I may pick up in the future. The amp will be here on Wednesday, and I can't wait to get it hooked up...

Nice receiver. Good luck with your sale.

I'm guessing you grabbed that B&K that came up on Agon for a great price I saw recently. I almost got it myself, but I already have a 200.2 that I'm not using. It's a great amp.

I had the parasound P3 for about a month and didn't care for it. I know they always review them very well, maybe the P5 is better. If you want to know my experience with it feel free to shoot me a pm. I don't want to derail your thread.

I'm guessing you grabbed that B&K that came up on Agon for a great price I saw recently. I almost got it myself, but I already have a 200.2 that I'm not using. It's a great amp.

I had the parasound P3 for about a month and didn't care for it. I know they always review them very well, maybe the P5 is better. If you want to know my experience with it feel free to shoot me a pm. I don't want to derail your thread.

Yes, I snatched up the B&K 200.2 that showed up for sale over the weekend, by the gentleman who is selling off his entire HT setup. Since he "only" had a feedback rating of 3, I was a bit nervous to purchase the amp from him, but decided to pull the trigger anyhow. When I saw the price of $300, I could not believe it,as that's about half what they usually sell for.

The amp came today, packed in a Reference 50 Preamp box (it fits perfectly). It is in excellent (near mint) condition, and I hooked it up and listened to it for a while before going to work, and it sounds great!!

I could not be pleased with the transaction, and feel that it was one of my all-time best scores.

I do not have the time right now, but perhaps I'll PM you tomorrow to get your thoughts on the P3.

Yes, I snatched up the B&K 200.2 that showed up for sale over the weekend, by the gentleman who is selling off his entire HT setup. Since he "only" had a feedback rating of 3, I was a bit nervous to purchase the amp from him, but decided to pull the trigger anyhow. When I saw the price of $300, I could not believe it,as that's about half what they usually sell for.

The amp came today, packed in a Reference 50 Preamp box (it fits perfectly). It is in excellent (near mint) condition, and I hooked it up and listened to it for a while before going to work, and it sounds great!!

I could not be pleased with the transaction, and feel that it was one of my all-time best scores.

I do not have the time right now, but perhaps I'll PM you tomorrow to get your thoughts on the P3.

I'm sure that you could not be more pleased with your transaction....

Edited by Boxx

Great price for a very nice amp.

I used to own the 2 generations before EX4420 and it was one great amp. Before my Acurus A200 graced my system, the 4420 drove my RF-63's.

Bill

Great price for a very nice amp.

I used to own the 2 generations before EX4420 and it was one great amp. Before my Acurus A200 graced my system, the 4420 drove my RF-63's.

Bill

Plus.... Rick is an outstanding member of this "forum." Buy with confidence from Rick...

I am now able to accept PayPal as payment for this and/or any other sales that I list here from this point on. I re-joined PayPal to purchase the B&K amp last weekend...

Edited by Rick

I am using wireless HDMI and it will only support 1080 is the reason I'm asking , I have to run a HDMI cable to do setup if I want view setup on my screen .

I have to make a decision which way to go thanks

Edited by A1UC

Does this have 4k pass through?

I don't believe so, but I can check later this evening when I get home from work.

In the meantime, perhaps someone else that knows will chime in...

Rick

Edited by Rick