Need Help Deciding What To Do With My Klipsch System

UNLEASHED

Hi guys, we have a Klipsch Surround Sound System in the living room right now which includes:

RF10- Towers (pair)

RS10-Rear (pair)

RW10-Sub

RC25-Center

Panasonic 7.1 Reciever SA-XR55

I have the choice of moving this system to my room or selling it. Would it be worth it to sell? If I did keep it, how good are these speakers still and what type of receiver should I get?

Sorry if this isn't in the right forum and if this is a stupid question. I am a complete beginner at home audio.

If I left out any information, just let me know. Thank you.

• Like 1

Thank you.

And If I keep it, I would like a receiver that can do hdmi.

And I'm worried that these speakers are going to be too big for my bedroom already so I don't want to add more or get bigger speakers.

I thought about selling these speakers and buying a smaller set-up too.

I leaning more towards keeping them and upgrading my receiver.

• Like 1

If you need HDMI then upgrade receiver to an HDMI receiver. Were you planning on a surround system with videoin your room you are moving to? If not enough room, only connect some, not all. Those are not huge speakers to begin with.

Bet it sounds good as is with the Panasonic. Is it for computer use for music/movies?

Guess we need more info here...

Welcome!

Edited by billybob

Maybe I don't need hdmi then? I just figured that was the way to go. I mean the system sounds fine as it is right now, but I don't have the original remote and it is really hard to adjust the settings on the receiver.

And yeah I'm either gonna have a 46' or. 55 for the tv. And I'll have room to mount the speakers I think.

And thank you.

Edited by UNLEASHED
  • Like 1

Maybe I don't need hdmi then? I just figured that was the way to go. I mean the system sounds fine as it is right now, but I don't have the original remote and it is really hard to adjust the settings on the receiver.

And yeah I'm either gonna have a 46' or. 55 for the tv. And I'll have room to mount the speakers I think.

And thank you.

Certain a replacement remote can be found easily enough. It would be neat to setup system having room for tv and speakers. If sub too noisy, just adjust down or not use. Must be large enough for a good sized tv to watch across the room. No need to crank up the volume unless listening to music at higher levels.

This seller looks like only one source, sure there are others:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Panasonic-EUR7722KM0-Replacement-Remote-for-Panasonic-SA-XR55-Receiver-/271394001849

There may be some setting up without remote. Do you have the manual?

Edited by billybob

I'd say keep what you got. Add a new receiver with hdmi pass through so it doesn't have to always be on and then you can have the latest and greatest of all the formats and hdmi cables simply so much behind the tv. You can get a great last years model that is 5.1 of most brands for around 200$ I have a denon 1713 and it's my favorite receiver out of both of mine. It does so much more cool stuff than my flagship older receiver.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I think I am going to purchase a replacement remote for the time being. Thanks for the help billybob. And I might have the manual around here, I don't think so though.

I am going to keep an eye out for a good deal on a one of those hdmi pass through receivers.

• Like 1