rf 62ii vs rf 82ii for mostly movies and some music

swa99a

You have to make the decision on subs. We need a budget to make recommendations as well as room size and how loud you listen.

And yes you can run an amp on the 62's. However you HAVE to have a receiver with preouts to use an amp at all. But I can tell you right now unless you have a HUGE room if you bought a mid to top level avr it's gonna drive a rf-62ii home theater no problem. I had my low level denon running a 62 home theater at reference levels no problem in a 11x17 room.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My budget is between 1700 and 1800 my living room is funny because it runs in to the dinning room and kitchen straight down the hall way now that is the rectangular way but I have my set up the square way so there's a wall behind the tv and a wall behind the couch where I sit and that is about 8- 91/2 feet from were the speaker will be but the rectangular way just goes on and on and my ceilings are 9 ft

Oh I like to be immersed by the movies so I guess lound but not were my ears bleed I just like nice crisp sound and detail were the woofers still give a nice punch even though they cross over to the sub and I know sub will cost me another 500-1200 hundred for a good one

Call who acoustic sound design and it's 2000 for left and right speaker but if I can fit the 62ii in and center great but is there a reason you don't recommend the 82ii and will emotiva make the 62ii sound better clear and full

I've told you already twice. The 82's have no difference over the 62's when crossed over to a good subwoofer. They have the same size horn so they will both have that large sound you are looking for. I also prefer the 6.5" drivers in the center to match what I have in the towers. And they are cheaper. So to me a win win. My first pair of Klipsch were rf-82. And after owning the 62's also I'd wishes I hadn't ever bought the 82's.

Not sure who told you they were 2000 from ASD

The center should be 400 shipped and I believe the 62's will be around 750-800 shipped. So 1150-1200 for your from three. I would get rs-52's for the back which would put you at 1800-1850. So full set for 1850. Then add receiver. And a nice receiver will make them 62's sing. Try that first cause you gotta have a high end receiver anyways to even be able to use an amp. So start with the receiver then if you feel you need more THEN add the amp.

With your budget I would buy the following:

RF- 62 II

RC-62 II

Pioneer SC-1523-K or like Scrappy suggested, a Denon X4000 because XT32 (both great receivers).

I chose the Pioneer because the D3 amps. I even sold a XPA-5 because I couldn't tell the difference between powering my speakers with the amp or the receiver. I would buy a great receiver and hold off on buying an amp. The receiver alone might give you the volume you are looking for. I would then spend the $900 saved and put it towards buying the absolute best subs you can.

That is right around $2k. What do you have left over in the budget for subs?

Also, listen to Scrappy. He has been down the path you are heading and he knows what he is talking about.

Edited by K5SS

With your budget I would buy the following:

RF- 62 II

RC-62 II

Pioneer SC-1523-K or like Scrappy suggested, a Denon X4000 because XT32 (both great receivers).

I chose the Pioneer because the D3 amps. I even sold a XPA-5 because I couldn't tell the difference between powering my speakers with the amp or the receiver. I would buy a great receiver and hold off on buying an amp. The receiver alone might give you the volume you are looking for. I would then spend the $900 saved and put it towards buying the absolute best subs you can.

That is right around $2k. What do you have left over in the budget for subs?

Also, listen to Scrappy. He has been down the path you are heading and he knows what he is talking about.

thanks buddy! Yes I have been down the path. Started with 82's. Moved to 63's. Along the way have ran through Klipsch's entire line up except for palladium. I have bought and sold a ton of speakers to be able to share my knowledge with others on what I feel is best for the money. Cause when my friends ask my advice I wanna ask their goals and budget and recommend from there. To my Klipsch best bang for your buck setup is the rf-62ii home theater. Pair it with a great sub and you got a system better than 99% of the people you will ever meet. People will come to your house and feel like they are at a theater with that setup and a good sub my friend.

Thanks scrap the hard truth so accessories 4 less is legit cause man they got some deals

They are legit and they are about 40 miles from my home.

As Scrappy insisted, the RF-82II will not give you that much more than the RF-62II but does cost more. Save some $$$ and have all 6.5 inch woofers for your front soundstage.

Bill

So what are the best subs out to match the 62ii

Tough question to answer. Main speakers do not have to "match" with your subwoofer and you could choose most any brand out there. Just determine a budget, note room size(cubic feet), and establish main goals to achieve.

Bill

So what are the best subs out to match the 62ii

d3 amps are what pioneer uses. They are a class d amplifier.

Subs depends on your budget as well. I always recommend diy now. But if you don't wanna build then for 1200 you can get one really good sub or two slightly" less quality" subwoofers. Look at offerings from Svs, hsu, psa. Those are prolly top selling three internet direct subwoofer companies right now.

Where are you located? Maybe you could demo a couple subs around you to find one you like.

Wow no match I could just free lance great so are the any names out there and I'm looking at running 2 subs can a living room be to small to run 2 subs like one on each end of the couch ?

2 subs is great choice. Can a room be too small? Eh I don't think so. I had two Svs PB-13 ultras in a 10x10 bedroom at one time. Lol.

Look at dual Svs PB-2000's, dual psa xv-15's or even dual hsu vtf-15h