rf 62ii vs rf 82ii for mostly movies and some music

swa99a

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX is on sale for $599 right now. In my opinion, and many other members over on AVS, they can not be beat for $1,200, unless you go DIY of course..

The three subs that Scrappy listed are also very good performers.

I know you prefer to buy new but this baby might be worth the drive.

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/ele/4567754790.html

The Paradigm Servo 15a was my first big "high end" subwoofer and it was awesome. I bought two of them used a couple of years ago and they rocked my family room for HT and were very musical.

You could even sell the included X30 crossover(which you don't need) for about $135.00 and recoupe some $$$.

Bill

Nah not trying to confuse myself I have been at other threads reading and reviews and you tube I like the reference just was trying to choose between the 62ii vs 82ii and it seems like the 62ii is more bang for my buck

Thoughs 62ii way more than the icon 26 with the same size woofers

tye icons are a joke in comparison. I've owned them as well

http://www.svsound.com/subwoofers/dual-subwoofers/dual-pb-2000#.U-D6gtm9LCQ

I'd go with these if you an splurge a little or the outlaw might be good too. Not sure how their warranty and customer service is as I've never owned anything from them. Svs is top notch. I've owned a number of their subs.

Lol your phone is confusing the hell out of me. I'm guessing you meant deeper? Forgo what law it is. Irons law maybe.

Low

Loud

Size

You can only have two. You want a sub to play loud and low. It's gonna be BIG.

You want a small sub and play low like sunfire it's not gonna play really Loud.

You want small sub to play loud it's not gonna go

Very low.

My bad I was asking are sealed subs a good thing and does a bigger sub like 15 inch sub, still sound nice and tight. Like for 2 subs would you go 10inch , 12inch, or 15 inch

Go big or go home. :D

Seriously, a 15 inch subwoofer can sound as nice and tight as a 10 inch subwoofer. One caveat though, a high quality 10 inch sub will be better across the board than a junk 15 inch sub. Go for the largest quality sub you can afford and fit in the space provided.

Scrappy is a bass nut :wacko:(home foundation altering) so he is one to ask questions to for crazy loud and deep subs. He just kept getting bigger(and bigger) and lower with each purchase(DIY build). :emotion-21::emotion-21:

On the other hand, I have gone a more subtle route and just added to my system. In order of purchases of what I still have in my systems, I bought a Klipsch RSW-10d, Revel B15, SVS SB13 Plus, and twin Klipsch RT-10d's. All are happily chugging along in my main HT rig except for my RSW-10d which I just moved over to my RB-75 living room rig. In their own right, all these subs are very tight, fast, and musical.

Bill

Well I thoroughly believe in the bang for your buck. You want low you gotta do a 15 or bigger. Look at some drivers sometimes. 18's are maybe 5% percent price increase for a lot more woofer. I was told takes two "x" brand 15's to equal one "x" brand 18. And the 18 might cost 75 bucks more. Why wouldn't you?

As you can see I have quad 18" sealed subs. Two stacks. Take up lass floor space being stacked that my dual Svs ultras did. The Svs cost me 4,000$. Sold them year later for 2600$ total. Was a shame to take such a hit on a great subs. Built all four 18's for 2296$! Got more effortless bass than I had before. And that whole 15, 18 thing about being as tight or whatever people used to say a long time ago when I was in car audio. That doesn't apply anymore. If it's a good quality driver it will be "fast" regaurdless of size. If I had unlimited money id sell my sealed setup I have now and build the same setup with tc sounds lms ultra 18 drivers and buy a few (Sanson?) amps that put out like 14,000 watts bridged to a single

Channel two subs per amp of course. Lol.

Lol well believe it or not I had bought my first Klipsch home theater in 2008. I discovered this forum in January of 2012. Everything I have done has all been in the last two years and some change lol. It's been on like donkey long for me since day one on this forum. However I've started to throttle back because like I said I have heard a lot of Klipsch stuff and I'm getting up where it's getting hard to upgrade stuff without spending boatloads of money ( which I do not make)

However I have been into home theater since I was 13 I think (28 now). My older brother (32) still has my original home theater I bought at 13. Old sony 5.1. A velodyne cht-12 and a pioneer set of speakers. Pretty respectable still when I go to his house and play. Ain't no kpt-904's though lol

Understood appreciate the knowledge. Just getting started

it can get expensive if you do like me and just jump I it things. But your asking questions. And doing the right thing. I can save people lots of money I feel with my experience.

Lot worse hobbies out there to be in to. This one has never gotten old to me at all. I have lots of other stuff I used to be into but don't really care for much anymore.