rf 62ii vs rf 82ii for mostly movies and some music

swa99a

Hi guys, I'm new to the site but enjoy the klipsch sound tried the icon series they were nice but heard the reference series was much better just wondering what's the difference between the 62ii vs the 82ii for movies and music I do want a big sound stage when I want one but also want crisp details and nice full sounds before it crosses to the subwoofer and also does the rc 62ii timbre with the rf 82ii. Thanks in advance klipsch fan

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Swa99a,

Welcome to the forum.

For more presence and bigness for movies, go with the RF-82II. For possibly better(smoother) crossover transition(6.5" woofer>>>1 inch tweeter), the RF-62II "can" be more musical.

Yes the RC-62II is timbre matched to both 62's and 82's.

Bill

Edited by willland

Now I will be sitting 8-9 feet away this ok for rf 82ii

You will not just hear those (4) 8 inch woofers, you will feel them.

is the 82ii a nice tight crisp sound

I would say mostly yes but room acoustics will factor into that and amplification. I don't know what you will be driving the 82's with but look for a more neutral/bright preamp/amp or receiver to aid in your goal. I drive my RF-63 setup with a dead on neutral NAD pre/pro and Acurus amps and the result is crisp and detailed the way I like movies and for that matter most music.

Bill

Edited by willland

Was thinking emotiva xp 3

Good choice, definitely not on the warmish side.

What receiver are you using?

am I supposed to put the speakers to small and let the sub take care of the lower sounds

Most publications suggest this as well as Audyssey.

Bill

I've owned them both. Save your money. Get the 62's. When crossed to a sub MOST will not be able to pick em out blindly. Out the extra money towards the sub. Call mike at acoustic sound design for a great price and the RF-62ii/rc-62ii. Should be able to get that combo for around 1100$ if I recall quotes from a while back.

Don't have one yet honestly I m new to the HT scene I'm up from a soundbar so I'm just research ing and since I know I want klishp I figured I hit the community and see what you guys have to say cause a lot of other four will say oh klipsch are to bright go with this and so fourth so I rather deal with those who own or have owned klishp any advice I greatly appreciate was thinking marantz denon onoko I figure nothing less than $800

But I am suppose to put speakers to small if I do does the 82ii sound crisp and do the 8 inch woofers give you good sound basically what I'm asking is the 2 front speakers puts out the effects on a movie sound track so the 82ii sound crisp and tight do they have a edge on the 62ii or do they not image as well as the 62ii thanks sorry just new to this and been thinking about this for 3 weeks and what if I move back 10- 12 feet

Yes you can set small or large. Your call. I set all my stuff to small and run subs. Like I said already I have owned both and I would take the 62's and out the price difference I to a better sub than what you may be planning on getting. Plus if rather have the center woofers match the tower ministers than not. Either is gonna blow your sound bar away. So again my vote is 62's for

Mains. 62 for center and then better subwoofer

Edited by Scrappydue