Danocaster's $300 Flat Black Pro LaScala pics

SparkleDrive wants $300 for these flat black Pro model LaScalas which seems pretty fair to me. With some imagination, skill, and quality paint, you could make them a tad less "Pro" looking. Danocaster can fill you in on more details such as year, drivers etc.

NOTE: Dan clipped the bottom of his LaScala out of the frame when taking the pictures...Just like my Mom, Dan!

dano1.jpg

Below is a shot of the terminals and another from the side perspective.

dano2.jpg

Did the loon that painted them cover the horns with the various colors of paint as well?

kh

This message has been edited by mobile homeless on 07-25-2002 at 06:40 AM

They look great. If you find any more I'll take a pair. Or even two pair @ $300/pr.

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

Fronts: Klipsch RF-7's

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

Projector: Infocus LP350

Screen: Draper Premier 96" x 72"

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD 3107

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Velodyne V-1012-B

Spare/Back-Up: La Scalas

HTTP://www.geocities.com/seanshometheatre/

With those LaScalas being the "split" models of industrial line, it seems that one would be the ideal center channel set-up for "heritage" HT with the upper housing over the tv and the bass bin in front of it...BUT they will have the industrial woofer which wouldn't be an ideal match between a pair of k-horns...

The industrial woofer SPECS give it the ability to handle more power, and go LOUDER, but it (at least according to SPECS) doesn't go quite as low as the standard K-33...BUT...you MUST remember that those are SPECS for that MODEL of woofer...not necessarily the actual performance specs for the particular woofer in each of those particular bass bins...IOW, even though the SPEC PARAMETERS for acceptance by Klipsch for use, are certainly met in testing by what they put in those cabinets, it doesn't necessarily mean that they don't EXCEED those spec parameters and actually go as low as the standard woofer...something to keep in mind, here...

I am well aware of this since my Heresys have "industrial woofers", BUT were tested against standard Heresy woofers' specs to ensure they met or exceeded the performance of the standard woofer IAW standard woofer testing spec parameters...BEFORE they were installed...which means I get the same bottom end(or better) than a standard Heresy out of mine which have the "industrial model" woofers in them.

One must always remember that published specs are parameters that SHOULD be met through testing, but which also MAY WELL BE EXCEEDED by the individual particular components used in a speaker...IOW if it meets the specs it "passes," but if it exceeds the specs it still "passes" and is installed..."know what I mean, Vern?" Smile.gif

How does one know if his/her components actually exceed those testing specs?...One doesn't...UNLESS one has those individual components tested for their ACTUAL INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE...until then, one can only reasonably assume that the components MEET the given specs, whether they actually exceed them or not!!

I was very lucky to have known Mr. Bradford and to have "the man" in the testing booth take the extra time and effort on HIS OWN FREE TIME to make my little Heresys so very special by finding a perfect match in components for them!! Good health to You Mr. Bradford, and may you keep on pickin, you are one helluva musician and southern gentleman!! Smile.gif

------------------

I can now receive private messages

This message has been edited by HDBRbuilder on 07-25-2002 at 10:37 AM

You might consider finishing them with spray or roll on pickup bed liner like Rhino. I have bought two sets of Industrial LaScalas that I finished out this way. Klipsch will sell you black plastic ribbed edging for the cabinet straight edges and corner pieces that give the cabinets an agressive, "off-road" kind of look without looking ratty. Personally I think they look pretty cool with that finish.

Even better than the black textured finish...I have always kinda wondered what a pair of LaScalas that HAD to be painted would look like with one of those "stone" textured finishes on em...something like Limestone or granite or marble...I can just see a burgler look at em in a home he is ripping off and decide to leave em because they look so damned heavy!!!...LOL! Smile.gif

------------------

I can now receive private messages

Roadhawg

would you have some photo's of a set finished like that you could email or post here ??

Craig

------------------

Nos.gif

HH Scott 299 Amp

HH Scott LT-110B Tuner

HH Scott P-87 Turn Table

JVC JL-F50 Turn Table

Sony CDP-CA7ES CD Drive

1985 Walnut Heresey I W/Layne Audio Woofers

KSW-15 Subs>c>