Got A New Toy To Drive My RB-75's

willland

A-S2000  has been out for a few years and has excellent reviews as well.  Yamaha's A-S series has the goods and the looks.  I love how they reached back and used paddles and machined dials.  You may notice that on the 1970's  CA- 2010's and 1010's the paddles and dials are used on opposite functions from the modern units.

Congrats on that new amp!

attachicon.gifyamaha-s2000.jpg

I have read those reviews and they are very favorable.  The knobs and paddles are solid.

yamaha-s2000.jpg

I had Yamaha Parts on the phone yesterday trying to see if I can order a pair of the light wood side panels(natural cherry maybe?).  They are not available here in the states so they may have to come from Japan.  They were only available on the silver A-S1000 in Japan and the A-S2000 in Japan and the US.  If the price is too high, then I will continue with my original plan and have my leftover cherry boards cut and routed to fit.

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

A-S2000  has been out for a few years and has excellent reviews as well.  Yamaha's A-S series has the goods and the looks.  I love how they reached back and used paddles and machined dials.  You may notice that on the 1970's  CA- 2010's and 1010's the paddles and dials are used on opposite functions from the modern units.

Congrats on that new amp!

attachicon.gifyamaha-s2000.jpg

I have read those reviews and they are very favorable.  The knobs and paddles are solid.

yamaha-s2000.jpg

I had Yamaha Parts on the phone yesterday trying to see if I can order a pair of the light wood side panels(natural cherry maybe?).  They are not available here in the states so they may have to come from Japan.  They were only available on the silver A-S1000 in Japan and the A-S2000 in Japan and the US.  If the price is too high, then I will continue with my original plan and have my leftover cherry boards cut and routed to fit.

Bill

Bill

Your A-S is gorgeous as is but I sure would like to see photo's of it with cherry side panels when they are done.  I think that will really make the face POP.  Looking at this Yamaha line of audio gear is very encouraging.  Shouldn't all excellent performing high end audio look as wonderful as it sounds?  They certainly did decades ago.  High style form and function are on the rise at Yamaha - that's for certain. Please keep us posted on the panels and maybe a review could be forthcoming for us who are saving our paper route money for a A-S ?.

Joe

Bill Your A-S is gorgeous as is but I sure would like to see photo's of it with cherry side panels when they are done. I think that will really make the face POP.

Yeah, as mentioned if I can't get original cherry panels ordered from Yamaha, I will have my neighbor cut me some to exact size.

Funny thing is the brown panels on my amp are actully made of cedar I think.  When I pulled one off, that wonderful aroma of cedar or some other aromatic wood filled my nose.

Bill

Edited by willland

Great looking amp. I'll have to give Yamaha another chance one of these days (but probably not for $8K!). I've seen some really good reviews, too. My only experience with the brand was way back in the day and limited to cheapo receivers from big box stores, which was not a good indication of what Yamaha can do. Let us know how this beauty is working out for you.

• 1 month later...

how's the A-S1000 doing a couple of months later? It looks like I'll be getting a Q3 bonus to play with at the end of the month and I might just pull the trigger on one of these and a small dac to finish out my 2-channel source + amp.

I am loving it.  I am not convinced of the "break in period" but it sure does seem to sound better each time I fire it up.  I guarantee you it produces more than the spec'd 90w/ch.  

Accessories4less has them for $888.88 refurbished.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamas1000bl/yamaha-a-s1000-140-watt-stereo-integrated-stereo-amplifier/1.html

As mentioned earlier, I really want the matching CD-S1000 to go with it but the extra funds are just not available yet.

I may opt for this instead.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/yamcdn500bl/yamaha-cd-n500-cd-player/network-player/usb-port-for-ipod/iphone/1.html

cdn-500-4_N.jpg

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 2