Got A New Toy To Drive My RB-75's

willland

Got my first piece of Yamaha(actually 2nd, I had a Yamaha BD player) gear today to power my RB-75's.  Not a thing wrong with the current pairing of my Cambridge Audio 640A v2 integrated and the RB-75's but the Yamaha deal was a tough one to pass up.

The Yamaha A-S1000 is a beast of an integrated amp tipping the scales at 48.5 pounds.  She's a beauty with real wood side panels.  If my first 30 minutes of demoing is any indication of how the amp and the 75's will sound together after breaking in(snake oil?), then I am going to be one happy fool. :D

Here are a couple of stock photos and one actual gut shot and rear photo.  More actual photos later with my wife's camera. 

yamaha-a-s1000.1121828.jpgyamaha_as1000black.jpg

post-24680-0-14700000-1408402145_thumb.j

Edited by willland

very nice! it's on my short list of options..

Thanks my friend.  I had been going back and forth with getting the Yamaha or the Onkyo A-9070 integrated but the Yamaha won out on price and it's retro vintage-like styling.

I hope to eventually get the matching CD-S1000 CD/SACD player if the price is right.

61e7f66204b486a656f92305f789ba32.jpgHFC340.bg.yamaha_rear-580-90.jpg

Edited by willland

The Yamaha A-S1000 is a beast of an integrated amp tipping the scales at 48.5 pounds. She's a beauty with real wood side panels. If my first 30 minutes of demoing is any indication of how the amp and the 75's will sound together after breaking in(snake oil?), then I am going to be one happy fool. :D Here are a couple of stock photos and one actual gut shot and rear photo. More actual photos later with my wife's camera. yamaha-a-s1000.1121828.jpg

She is a beauty!  I think it's a girl?

Until this year, that A-S1000 was the TOTL offering for this series. It was, and continues to be, quite successful for Yamaha. Now this is the Queen Bee of the line... *drool*

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/amps/a-s3000_u/?mode=model

2577658A2BF84CCB9E2A3FB27A0212E9_12073.j

O yeah. :emotion-21:  :emotion-21:   Love an integrated with meters.

Not quite in the budget this year, or any year for that matter. :(

Bill

Great looking high end integrated.  Congrats!!!  Me likes.

I am contemplating having the remaining pieces of cherry lumber, that I used for my speaker stands, cut and fitted for the side panels on the Yamaha.  I will poly coat them same natural finish as the stands.

Refinish Cherry Speaker Stands Front.jpg

Bill

A-S2000  has been out for a few years and has excellent reviews as well.  Yamaha's A-S series has the goods and the looks.  I love how they reached back and used paddles and machined dials.  You may notice that on the 1970's  CA- 2010's and 1010's the paddles and dials are used on opposite functions from the modern units.

Congrats on that new amp!

post-45985-0-86220000-1408564679_thumb.j

• Like 1