Dead receiver?

Chad

• Moderators

Glad it's working, that's the last place I would have looked, with all those connections and do-dads (electrical term) a plain piece of wire fails, amazing.

Good job Chex. :emotion-21: ..............  as Amy would say

• Like 1

Good lord, find a DMM and measure the power cord for continuity.

The continuity check may show the cord is good even though the female contacts are worn, oxidized, tarnished, spread apart ever so slightly etc..... I have even had an ohm meter tell me a wire is good but when put in circuit the voltage does not get to the load. Especially with multistranded wire, one strand is still intact causing continuity to be good but under load fuhgetaboutit.

I'd try the "defective" cord on another electronic component to verify it was actually the problem and not a coincidence.

Totally agree with this, and to make sure it's not the actual hard-wired connector (socket) on the Marantz that's the issue.

The socket being the issue would be more logical.  Wiggling the cords in and out may have allowed it to make contact.

I totally agree with this and all others that made a comment about this. It is possible the REAL problem is the socket on the receiver and solder connections thereto. If it is easily accessible have one of them there engineers/ techs at Klipsch look at it for ya.