Good early to mid 70's ss receiver?

Rick J B

Woo hoo! B)

Bought a receiver today. Got a Sansui 8080. Its in great condition but I'm still going to have Paul at Many Moons go through it to make sure its up to snuff.

I love the way these look. I haven't listened to one in a good while but I remember really liking them back when a buddy had one.

I've got my eye on a Kenwood KR9600 too. Surely the wife wouldn't notice it. :ph34r:

Congrats! It looks great. Good call to have it gone through.

If anyone following this thread has a similar need, I will soon have 2 Harman/Kardon 730s and a 630, each expertly refurbished to better than new. One or more will be available to forum members for $250 each, including shipping. I have at least that much into each by time the purchase, new parts and labor are factored. I'm not trying to flip them, I want them to go to a home where they'll be used and enjoyed.

My son has enjoyed his h/k 430 refurbed by same tech for 2 years. I offered to swap for a modern Onkyo receiver. He politely declined, saying he preferred the vintage look and performance of the decades old h/k twin powered receiver.

Edited by DizRotus

Congrats! It looks great. Good call to have it gone through.

If anyone following this thread has a similar need, I will soon have 2 Harman/Kardon 730s and a 630, each expertly refurbished to better than new. One or more will be available to forum members for $250 each, including shipping. I have at least that much into each by time the purchase, new parts and labor are factored. I'm not trying to flip them, I want them to go to a home where they'll be used and enjoyed.

My son has enjoyed his h/k 430 refurbed by same tech for 2 years. I offered to swap for a modern Onkyo receiver. He politely declined, saying he preferred the vintage look and performance of the decades old h/k twin powered receiver.

Diz I'd love to talk to you about the 730 when the time comes. :)

I have to mention older rotels are pretty good. I have a couple rotel receivers im keeping for the long haul. I don't know the model numbers but I have a black in color 20wpc rotel(870 or something rotel receiver) that hauls the mail.

Iv had it power huge speakers on a few occasions and to myself and friends it does very, very well. Not the most attractive or best built yet again does a great job comparing to most I have read that are listed on this thread.

The 8XX whatever model in particular, the small one I have is a bit rare. must be a reason 

Thanks, Bill.

I was going to suggest you getting one of these Yamaha A-S1000 integrateds like I just did where you would get the best of both worlds.  Vintage look with modern newness, warranty, and remote.

yamaha-a-s1000.1121828.jpg

But, I see you did pretty well.

Bill 

• Like 1

Thanks, Bill.

I was going to suggest you getting one of these Yamaha A-S1000 integrateds like I just did where you would get the best of both worlds.  Vintage look with modern newness, warranty, and remote.

yamaha-a-s1000.1121828.jpg

But, I see you did pretty well.

Bill

I like the modern vintage look much better than what a lot of the new receivers are.

Bill, its probably good for my wallet that thing isn't silver.

A4Less did not have any in silver.  As a matter of fact, I don't think silver with the light wood side panels was available on the USA bound A-S1000.  Just the A-S2000.

Bill

Beeker, since my office is so small I'm wanting to pair them with a nice pair of Heresy's.

You can definitely not go wrong with that combo.

Bill

Bill, I'm looking at a pair of Heresy II's in Kentucky right now that look new, just imaculate.

They're from 1988, oak veneer, one owner. What is a fair price range on something like that would you say?