Electrical help needed

USNRET

You're an electrician and you recommend removing GFCI from a garage and exterior receptacles? Remind me to never hire you.

A lot of GFIs were installed by MORONS, maybe they were required to sell the house ?

Maybe they were installed by the former homeowner?

There is a CODE, look it it up.

I know the code, thank you. Perhaps you should follow your own advice. GFCI protection is required BY THE NEC in garages and exterior receptacles along with tamper resistant used in the garage and weather and tamper resistant receptacles and in-use covers for exterior receptacles.

I am a master electrician and contractor in Michigan.

I know the code, thank you. Perhaps you should follow your own advice. GFCI protection is required BY THE NEC in garages and exterior receptacles along with tamper resistant used in the garage and weather and tamper resistant receptacles and in-use covers for exterior receptacles.

I am a master electrician and contractor in Michigan.

Have a nice day Paddywan.

SIGH! Perhaps if all you MASTER ELECTRICIANS lived in my town and would actually respond to phone calls and emails instead of being asses on a forum I might have had this fixed by now. I realize this is a holiday weekend and folks are not at work....COOL, I am good with that. On the other hand, I can read a meter and would like to be able to tell the MASTER ELECTRICIAN what I know about the situation.

Read the thread, I have mentioned a couple of times that I need a MASTER ELECTRICIAN. Get the F over yourself!

Remind me of this thread next time you need an annual or hundred hour on your airplane, I'll be sure to jump right on it.

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 1

SIGH! Perhaps if all you MASTER ELECTRICIANS lived in my town and would actually respond to phone calls and emails instead of being asses on a forum I might have had this fixed by now. I realize this is a holiday weekend and folks are not at work....COOL, I am good with that. On the other hand, I can read a meter and would like to be able to tell the MASTER ELECTRICIAN what I know about the situation.

Read the thread, I have mentioned a couple of times that I need a MASTER ELECTRICIAN. Get the F over yourself!

Remind me of this thread next time you need an annual or hundred hour on your airplane, I'll be sure to jump right on it.

Well now, id be More than happy to come to a Forum members home and fully check all concerned, and sign off on it.

By the way , i have many techs waiting in line to even get near my mustang.

It is after all a good thing in the road of life to think one's self as good, if not great.

What happens when you turn off all the other circuit breakers, except for this one GFCI circuit? If the GFCI now does not trip, my bet is that this circuit shares the neutral from another circuit. PITA to troubleshoot any other way. Good luck.

Edit: If you're comfortable inside the panel, you could also turn off the main, and tighten all the connections.

Edited by mungkiman

i have many techs waiting in line to even get near my mustang.
That means Mustangs fail often since you have a line of techs.  Teasing! I owned 64 1/2, 65, 69 Boss 302 and they all sucked but then I am a Chevy guy.
  • Like 1

What happens when you turn off all the other circuit breakers, except for this one GFCI circuit? If the GFCI now does not trip, my bet is that this circuit shares the neutral from another circuit. PITA to troubleshoot any other way. Good luck.

Sorry. im DONE with this tread, thought id throw in some help, bad mark.......

i have many techs waiting in line to even get near my mustang.
That means Mustangs fail often since you have a line of techs.  Teasing! I owned 64 1/2, 65, 69 Boss 302 and they all sucked but then I am a Chevy guy.

For that statement, i will give you a "Like".

HEY AIRDALE, im talking about my plane,  really more than one if you count parts.......fkn navy guys.  

Edited by minermark

Why in the flyin fk would i be bidding on a hanger at 325K if i did not have something to put in besides stupid Klipsch speakers ?

Iv been telling you guys for this entire year, yes, im a Klipsch owner, but there is PRO gear that needs to fill the space, and i seem to have space.

I'm convinced high humidity can cause these things to leak enough to trip. GFCI outlet in our case and in a garage. Tripping all the time when a cord is plugged up and its humid. Different cords do it too. Getting real tired of it. I'm gonna pull the GFCI outlet and toss it in the garbage. Installing a regular outlet feeding off a regular 15 amp circuit breaker. Problem will be solved. Now if I move a hot tub nearby I might rethink it. 

• Like 1

I'm convinced high humidity can cause these things to leak enough to trip. GFCI outlet in our case and in a garage. Tripping all the time when a cord is plugged up and its humid. Different cords do it too. Getting real tired of it. I'm gonna pull the GFCI outlet and toss it in the garbage. Installing a regular outlet feeding off a regular 15 amp circuit breaker. Problem will be solved. Now if I move a hot tub nearby I might rethink it. 

Agree, this was what i was trying to convey, GFIs have their place, when installing i purchase the best 20A HP Grade.

However some things get the best of me sometimes:

post-57941-0-91560000-1409614700_thumb.j