whats driving your RF 7 II's

tempestious1

"Eco" mode

Is this a receiver or a Prius?

My receiver has the same stupid setting. The manual should say "press this button to make your speakers sound like ****".

Or rather

Press this button to make your speakers sound like a Prius.

• Like 1

At 120hz the impedance of the rf7ii's drop to around 3 ohms. That's what's hard on the receivers. Look up the impedance curve in relation to hz. I'm pretty sure that's why your receiver is dropping power. Typically amps can handle lower impedance and cut out on the distortion that tends to hurt the tweeter voice coils.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, this may be repetitive but am selecting an amp/pre/power combo for the RF7 ii.. But the one that is available in my budget and with Bill/warranty/service backup is Marantz MM7055 for power (bi amping is being recommended by the seller its a 140w 5 channel amp) along with SR5009 for processing along with wifi/Bluetooth capability.

Currently only setting this up as 2 channel but can expand on the other channels of the 5009 for surrounds centre and subwoofer...

Will this setup drive the speakers well..

The other option is ADCOM GFA 555E 200x2 w @ 8 ohms but service may be dodgy.. I could add marantz 5009 to it for pre power

What do you suggest? Thanks a lot!

To add more about myself.. I listen to most forms of music with the exception of Jazz/Opera/western Classical..

Also to add, the seller has connected separate roksan kandy k2 (125wpc) to each speaker at the showroom, but they sounded a tad bright, so was wondering whether marantz with a warmer sound signature may be a good option

Hey thanks derrickdj1.. So u suggest the marantz combo will be good.. My only concern is whether the 140wpc marantz 7055 be good to drive the speakers loud or the 200wpc adcom or the roksan setup is good... (Though at low to moderate levels not concerned as these speakers are sensitive).. The marantz combo is at least 50pct cheaper coz of pricing irregularities here

Hey Derrick, found some more options (integrated amps) from sellers here after a deep dive...

1 NAD 375BEE

2. Anthem integrated 225

3. Rotel RA 1570

From what I understand (and I may be wrong), though anthem is the most powerful here, it is more neutral than others and lacks a DAC, the RF7ii may sound bright, the Rotel is warmer than NAD both have less power than Anthem.

What would be your advise..

Thanks a ton!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Derrick, found some more options (integrated amps) from sellers here after a deep dive...

1 NAD 375BEE

2. Anthem integrated 225

3. Rotel RA 1570

From what I understand (and I may be wrong), though anthem is the most powerful here, it is more neutral than others and lacks a DAC, the RF7ii may sound bright, the Rotel is warmer than NAD both have less power than Anthem.

What would be your advise..

Thanks a ton!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not Derrick, but will chime in anyway.

I know the Anthem and NAD are up to the task, and IMO, both are pretty dead on neutral.

No experience with the Rotel.

If you want a built in DAC, you could opt for the C 375DAC.  Same amp but with DAC module.

Are you going all in one HT/music rig?

Bill

Hey Bill, Thanks for your inputs!

The system i'm trying to build is mostly for music but because this is going to be in the living room, there is going to be some movie watching as well.

I prefer the anthem 225 for the clean raw power but because it is neutral and because of fears that klipsch RF 7 ii 's maybe a little bright, i'm leanng towards a slightly warmer sound signature to compensate.. (am i right in thinking so? --- my first question )

The reason why i am tending towards integrated amplifier is mostly for cost reasons because in india, AV products are appx 50% more expensive then in the US. So can't afford a pre/pro now.

My second question is if you can suggest a Dac that goes well with it... or you would u recommend the NAD version with the DAC despite lower rated power. ( i know power is not everything but with everything else equal is power going to be my main differentiator? Or is everything not equal?)

Just as FYI.. price of Anthem and the non DAC version of the NAD are the same here

Cheers!

Sent from my Samsung GS5

Power wise there is not a lot of difference between 140 -200 watts.  The response of the amp when pushed with changing impeadace may be a factor.  For example some amp can do an 8 ohm load at 200 watt and a 4 ohm load at 400 watt.  I use a power amp and feel you can't go wrong especially if you want to run the speakers as large.  With that said, I run the towers as small.  Bill has experience with a lot amps and gives great advice.

I've run Yamaha receivers for 20+ years and have run them on several 6 and 4 ohm speakers and in situations where they should be seeing no more than 4 ohms loads and haven't had an issue.  Anytime there has been an issue it wasn't due to low impedance. In fact, the only issues I've ever had with Yamaha receivers were due to faulty HDMI boards.

Hey there.  My first post/reply on the forums.  I've been enjoying my RF-7 II's, and have been driving them with a Marantz MM8077.

I've tried two paths so far:

Path 1: OPPO BDP-105D through XLR to Marantz MM8077.  Result: wicked awesome sound (although even at volume 1 on the OPPO, the details are quite audible)

Path 2: OPPO BDP-105D through HDMI to Marantz AV7701 through XLR to MM8077.  Result: the "Music" mode is too heavy on bass.  The "Pure" mode is better, but quieter than Path 1.

Either way, I'm extremely happy with the performance of the RF-7 II's.  Everything (even at loud levels) is performing well.  I don't know how much more I can

crank it without breaking the glass in my house or my eardrums...  ;-)

I'm going to expand the system to a 7.2 over the next week or so.  Had to figure out what speaker stands to put the remaining speakers on!  Haha.