SVS talk...

Schu

• Administrators

what a waste of time... and you're a moderator?

I'm perfectly happy with the size of my C*ck, response not warranted.

What does him being a Mod have anything to do with this?

Also, watch your tone around here, please. 

No one has mentioned the Rythmik FV 15 which is servo controlled and excellent with music and HT.  The SVS Ultra is also nice and right up there.  Maybe to close to call.  Speed, punch of a good sub is more related to placement, setup, integration.  Sure you can measure distortion and that should not be overlooked.  At this point my system is mostly for musci and SQ is more important that spl or externsion.  Sealed and vented subs can sound good with music and for me, my vented subs sound just and clean a and punchy as the sealed or the 2.0 configuration.

The point I am trying to make is room acoustic, setup and integration may make up for and design differences or brand difference. Good subs sound more similar than different the lower the XO. :) .  There is always the possibility that I don't know what I am doing or some of the people have a more discerning ear. :blink:

The one thing for sure, with that large room, Dual subs are needed and not an option for a good respone in the room used for music mostly.  I like the room to be filled and sound nice, not just at one spot.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

It's about the amplifier's dampening factor, the ability to rapidly stop and start the woofer so that it does not stumble over itself and sound sloppy.  To test this on Metallica's One song with the double bass drums if your sub can accurately reproduce the notes without stumbling all over itself the amplifier has a really good dampening factor.  Subwoofers have never really been Klipsch's forte'  The last one I bought eons ago was a KSW-15 I paid top dollar for it and it was junk.  The best Klipsch sub that I have heard to date was the RSW-15 and it is no longer made.

I prefer clean deep non muddy bass that is felt more than heard so I chose the servo controlled Velodyne's.  I do like alot of SVS's offerings though.  I would certainly entertain a horn loaded sub as well as long as it can be tuned low.  Anything above 60Hz is mid-bass.