Anyone familiar with a Lincoln L-24 tube amp?

jimjimbo

I would have them get in touch with Craig at NOSValves, and ask him about it. If it hasn't been used for a while or even if it has, it should probably be serviced before being put into use. It could have its sweet spot, but won't blow the doors off.

Bruce

I remember the Lincoln brand sold by Allied in the late fifties/early sixties.  They also sold some CB equipment and other stuff under that brand.  As I recall, the amps weren't bad- not the equal of the higher quality Fisher or Scott units, but not bad at all.  If your friend can get it inexpensively enough (keeping in mind that the controls and switches may not be good, or a transformer blown), it would be worth picking up if he wants to get a decent intro to tube amp sound.  If it hasn't been serviced, it will certainly need to be gone over.  Some pix of the underside of the chassis would be useful to determine if someone has gotten in there and butchered things (you can't imagine how often that has occurred with vintage equipment).  Be glad to be of service if he wants anything looked at or analyzed (as all know, I do that for free).  If so, drop me a PM....

Maynard