WTB K-HORNS

Budman

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Russ I will be passing by in Apr. on the way back to the Tail of the Dragon, I can stop by with the Little Feat CD LOL  

Chris is getting married next summer to a new girl he met a Phish camp out in OH a while back. And life goes on...  Enjoy the new digs.

-G-

AHHHH….Tail of the Dragon…..I've played on that stretch of asphalt a few times!

davis, 1/2" i'm guessing    thanks

It is 3/4" birch plywood.

Did you cut the tail board off?  any other photos?

thanks

Nothing was cut off. No screws in the cabinet itself. I used 4 screws per side and they were located in the mounting boards for the grills and the mounting boards for the tail board. This is the only other pic I have is showing how they fit flush everywhere. My intension was to paint them black but never did.

post-27553-0-37460000-1415755707_thumb.j

Edited by davis419b

thanks

Nothing was cut off. No screws in the cabinet itself. I used 4 screws per side and they were located in the mounting boards for the grills and the mounting boards for the tail board. This is the only other pic I have is showing how they fit flush everywhere. My intension was to paint them black but never did.

Ok, I see now.  That sure looks simple. You went flush to the tail board.  Any vibration or reso when your throttle them up?  Im wanting to do this as well. Do you think MDF would be better due to the few anchor points?  Also, do you think that 3/4" of air space loss makes a difference as opposed having them against the wall?  

Looks very clean. Great job

Edited by Max2

thanks

Ok, I see now.  That sure looks simple. You went flush to the tail board.  Any vibration or reso when your throttle them up?  Im wanting to do this as well. Do you think MDF would be better due to the few anchor points?  Also, do you think that 3/4" of air space loss makes a difference as opposed having them against the wall?  

Looks very clean. Great job

Its very simple if you have access to a table saw. Nothing sticks out past the side grill or tail board . No vibration that I can hear but at 105db I don't think you could hear it. I would much rather use plywood with only 4 screws rather than mdf but either would be fine. I have since made some 9" x 9" pcs. with back cut 45 degree angles on 3 sides to cover the 2 gaps at the tailboards. I don't think the gaps at the grills matter.