My Pretty New Toys

Scrappydue

the midbass like in drums and what not seem to be more full at lower volumes

Well executed transmission line bass, mmmmm.  Good realism factor via that method: no resonant flab, just the music.  Always liked Salks, and the finish on yours is drop dead gorgeous (the pics must do at least some justice to it).

Be honest music wise your klipsch cant touch them :) Salk Song towers for sure sound good

These are mine     Drivers:   Scan-Speak Illuminator woofer, Accuton dome midrange, RAAL ribbon tweeter

post-49590-0-68240000-1413776421_thumb.j

Edited by A1UC

Be honest music wise your klipsch cant touch them :) Salk Song towers for sure sound good

These are mine Drivers: Scan-Speak Illuminator woofer, Accuton dome midrange, RAAL ribbon tweeter

did you have the raal songtowers? I do love these. I need to run em on something worth a hoot. Don't think the 1713 is doing ANY justice to them.

Be honest music wise your klipsch cant touch them :) Salk Song towers for sure sound good

These are mine Drivers: Scan-Speak Illuminator woofer, Accuton dome midrange, RAAL ribbon tweeter

did you have the raal songtowers? I do love these. I need to run em on something worth a hoot. Don't think the 1713 is doing ANY justice to them.

yup - and a matching center

post-49590-0-74840000-1413811899_thumb.j

Edited by A1UC

yup - and a matching center
how did you feel about the center channel?

Schu here is your chance :)

i don't get it?

To be honest I didnt like it
yeah i hear ya. i don't think its terrible but its not up to par for movies after hearing other offerings. i just like horns for movies. period. i might see what i can get for the center and use that money to get a small 5.0 set of speakers and then spend the remaining on a 2 channel integrated. something from NAD perhaps? wanted to try their stuff for a while.

I goofed up was meant for different post. I think selling the center and doing 2 ch with a separate 5.0 or 5.1 is a good idea .

I have my 2 ch separate and then a icon set for lcr and surrounds along with a SVS Sub and I'm more than happy .

Edited by A1UC

something from NAD perhaps? wanted to try their stuff for a while.

Love my old NAD receiver (T763), and I'm currently using it to power my LCR due to the Denon's harshness at higher volumes. NADs just have a wonderful warmth to them; you can find some nice integrated amps on Ebay.

something from NAD perhaps? wanted to try their stuff for a while.

Love my old NAD receiver (T763), and I'm currently using it to power my LCR due to the Denon's harshness at higher volumes. NADs just have a wonderful warmth to them; you can find some nice integrated amps on Ebay.

Love my T773 driving my Heresys.  Effortless.

NADs just have a wonderful warmth to them

Now I always felt NAD was spot on neutral but maybe a tiny touch of warmth. :)

Bill

Scrappy,

Before you mentioned Salk I can honestly say I never heard the name. After reading your thoughts on your upgrade I read the reviews checked out their site and all their models and finishes.

2 words.....Kick ***

Or how about I word and 3***

Edited by oldred