Center channel Build

Turbox

Its always nice to see an idea turn into something tangible. A constructive use of my time, better than sitting on the couch. I am happy about being able to work in the shop. lots of tools just waiting to be used, its been a while. 

• Like 1

Was the question of having those drivers back-to-back ever resolved?

I know Mustang Guy said he had a setup where the drivers actually touched, but having drivers with large magnets within a quarter inch of each other would HAVE to produce some kind of interference with each other, wouldn't it?

Is there some kind of shielding that would help?  Or is this a non-issue?

That is a good question, and I don't think there is anything on Earth that can shield those big magnets which are basically touching. 

I did a little looking, and the inside of the former, and the back of the speaker and the SOUTH pole and the side the frame is mounted to is the NORTH pole. SOUTH and SOUTH will push away from one another, so the speakers will not try to stick together. I hypothesize that the field in the backs of the speakers will be squished, so it will have no effect on the voice coil motor in the former.

The only way to know is to try it out.  :)

I'm kind of late to the party, but did you consider modifying an MWM double bin??? The 904, nor the Belle have the Bass to hang with your Jubilees.

Roger

Yepper that might happen for sure. What is the resistance of the woofers in the MWM double bin?

I'm kind of late to the party, but did you consider modifying an MWM double bin??? The 904, nor the Belle have the Bass to hang with your Jubilees.

Roger

Yepper that might happen for sure. What is the resistance of the woofers in the MWM double bin?

Will check mine tomorrow, just got up and working nights!

Roger

I have it working and in place. its not painted. im going to leave it in there for a bit to see how this thing sounds. I forgot how much bass is missing from the belle bottom. but other than that, first impressions are good.

:emotion-21:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:  :D   :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-21:  

Bill

Roger

Hi Turbox!

Sorry it took so long to get back to you! The MWM double bin as two K-43E woofers rated at 4 Ohms each and 300 Watts continuous each.

The MWM was originally designed around the K-33E, wich plays slightly lower at listening volumes, so this may be an avenue you might want to consider if you do indeed go with an MWM, which I highly recommend!!

Roger