Any Fans of The Commitments Here?

thebes

Just curious, maybe because I've been playing this album a lot lately.

What really amazes me is how tight this talented group of mostly amateurs sounded from vocals to instruments, especially considering only a couple of them were in bands at the time.

Not to mention the kick *** soul tunes they got to sing.

I'm not a huge fan of movie soundtracks but this one always floats my boat.

post-12696-0-79420000-1416617134_thumb.j

• Like 2

My sister was a huge fan. She got her mileage out of the movie and audio cassette she bought. Seeing as she had the only bona fide stereo in the house at the time, everyone got to hear it.

Initially it wasn't my "style", but as I got older and developed an appreciation for soul, I quickly warmed up to it.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll very likely end up getting this album for the nostalgia, excellent production value, and not to mention I gather it would sound pretty bad-@$$ on the car system too.

Have you ever watched the movie? It's a hoot.  :emotion-21:

• Like 1

Yes it's also a great movie, but to me the glory is in the soundtrack.  According to the web they sold over 12 million copies of this album.

The lead singer sounds like Joe Cocker and the female lead, Angeline Ball, has a fantastic voice.  Not to mention songs written by the likes of Marvin Gay, Al Green and Wilson Pickett.

Glad to see I'm not alone in appreciating this album.

• Like 1