Streaming Pandora and Spotify Question

Tarheel

I'm late to the party and have just started streaming all this wonderful music and enjoying making playlist.  I hook the lap top to the Pioneer receiver and it sounds great.....better than on my tubed gear.  The problem is the lap top shuts down every so often like going into sleep mode but comes right back on by punching any key.  Is this a screen saver type interruption?  Any thoughts?

Edited by Tarheel

​you may be on to something with the screen saver trail.  I’m not a techno geek; but, can you experiment by either disabling the screen saver or changing the period of inactivity required before the screen saver kicks in?

​p.s. you weren’t trying to stream the Raiders game were you?  if you were, you probably broke your gear.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 2

If you are mainly using this system in house, the easiest solution is to get a Samsung or someother BDP with Pandora and a lot of other apps.  An android phone will also work but, watch the data usage.

But if you're connecting through Wi Fi, data usage is not an issue.....

• Like 1

Probably not a screen saver issue... more like a sleep mode issue where power consumption is being metered out even though you may be on wired power.

Look at the global eco settings and hd sleep settings. Set both to never (sleep).

Edited by Schu
  • Like 2