I may try out some new RF7ll's

CHASLS2

I know I sound like a big fan boy. But if I didn't push them I would be doing a disservice to the forum. Way better performance and cost is about the same. Its a no brainer in my book unless looks matter more than performance. Then not so much.

im the same way man and your grills dress yours up so much. Top hat with a grill would be sweet. And veneer? Forget about it. They would be like a cornwall and a half tall. And so pretty to look at in walnut.

Lots will never give em a chance. Doesn't bother me. They are the ones missing out. Not us. You and I are in the wheelhouse buddy! Except you still gotta hop on the 18 train one day. 4 up front and two near field and prolly pocket some money. DO IT!

I don't plan to go back to the older 7's as i had two sets of them not long ago. So far i plan on going with the newer 7ll's or the B&W CM10's, The CM10 seems to be about double the price of the B stock 7lls.

Youthman did the mod for the new  7 II's ? and there is the mod/crossover switch for the original 7's: this is less money.  If your old 7's were black and you want cherry, go for it.  I have heard the newer 7 II's and can't justify the expenditure when I could buy more subs, lol.  If the bass is right in the system what more could you want. :blink2:

Edited by derrickdj1

• Moderators

I don't plan to go back to the older 7's as i had two sets of them not long ago. So far i plan on going with the newer 7ll's or the B&W CM10's,  The CM10 seems to be about double the price of the B stock 7lls.  

That is my plan as well.  ;)

If your old 7's were black and you want cherry, go for it.

Cherry RF-7ii's are beautiful.  Best wishes with the search Charles.

I have heard the newer 7 II's and can't justify the expenditure when I could buy more subs, lol.  If the bass is right in the system what more could you want. :blink2:

Unfortunatley you still need subs even with RF-7ii's, unless you're one of those purists who only listens to orchestras and Neil Young. :)

As for the pros, I don't even mind the looks of a plain jane speaker but that external horn is a little much to be out in the open. Wish there was an option along the lines of a 4 pi where you had one 15 and the horn was inside the cabinet.

• Moderators
Unfortunatley you still need subs even with RF-7ii's, unless you're one of those purists who only listens to orchestras and Neil Young. :)

I do not use a sub in my 2ch setup with the RF-7ii's and they provide a good amount of bottom end but I've always believed that EVERY system will benefit from having a quality sub.  I can have as many subs as I want in the HT.....just not in the living room.  I can live with that.  :)

• Like 1

I'm thinking about a second SVS PC13 but just a little bit concerned about tripping a breaker. It's a 15 amp breaker and having 2 of the 13 ultras, plus a 1000W power amp connected to one breaker, it makes me think it will trip or not deliver the proper power requirements. Electrician gurus, chime in

I'm not even close to an electrician guru, I can only share that I have everything in my HT connected to a 15 amp circuit and have never tripped a breaker running a 200 x 7 amp and dual RSW-15 subs.

I can trip a 20 amp breaker just with a Marantz SR-7009 and iNuke 6000. One big dynamic crescendo and _click_. I have to run them on separate circuits to handle all the dynamics.

I'm not even close to an electrician guru, I can only share that I have everything in my HT connected to a 15 amp circuit and have never tripped a breaker running a 200 x 7 amp and dual RSW-15 subs.

I can trip a 20 amp breaker just with a Marantz SR-7009 and iNuke 6000. One big dynamic crescendo and _click_. I have to run them on separate circuits to handle all the dynamics.
id say everyone's wiring is different. I run my denon 4520 and inuke 6000 and I apparently run my volume much higher than yours all the time. I never have issues with breakers. Edited by Scrappydue

WOW! Really? That's a lotsa juice.

WOW! Really? That's a lotsa juice.

A single iNuke 6000 was actually tested to pull 80 amps on dynamic surges. Of course even at that lofty number its typically not long enough to trip a breaker. They actually pulled 22 amps for 15 seconds straight which did obviously trip the 15 amp breaker, with nothing else on the circuit.  Probably shouldn't have taken that long to blow.  

http://forum.speakerplans.com/behringer-inuke-nu6000-vs-kam-kxd7200-bench-tested_topic69202.html

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

id say everyone's wiring is different. I run my denon 4520 and inuke 6000 and I apparently run my volume much higher than yours all the time. I never have issues with breakers.

Given the age of your house I'm surprised you even have breakers. Many of the older ones continue to have fuse boxes. I had one that was built in 1977 that still used fuses.

id say everyone's wiring is different. I run my denon 4520 and inuke 6000 and I apparently run my volume much higher than yours all the time. I never have issues with breakers.

Given the age of your house I'm surprised you even have breakers. Many of the older ones continue to have fuse boxes. I had one that was built in 1977 that still used fuses.
ok you got me. I have the old school screw in fuses. Maybe they take a lot more juice? But I've demoed for lefty period la of time at reference and above. And I mean demo material. Stuff that is crazy hard on gear.

Maybe they take a lot more juice?

Well there is in fact slow-blow fuses but I don't know the details on them, like how much longer it takes or whatever, other than they are designed to ignore short surges. There's really nothing stopping somebody from screwing in a 30 amp fuse into a 15 amp hole either.

The only thing that ever got mine is full range peaks where suddenly the receiver and sub amp were both belting out all it could. I had no limiters set up on the iNuke and probably had the gain up too high as well.

Same here.  I plan to keep my SVS SB12 NSD or even move up to a SB13 Ultra no matter what speakers i get.