Aaron Rodgers is the PWK of the NFL

eth2

That crappy (my opinion) video clip is all I could find on short notice on Youtube. I have a feeling this will be discussed on the sports talk shows, and I'm guessing my side will be the majority opinion. 

As for you and I, we shall remain friends but on this we will have to agree to disagree.  :)

That's fine, we can agree to disagree. If there's better video to show it and shows different, I will happily join your side in then conversation.

That is a large mouth bass, 8.5 lbs. I do a lot of fishing out of my kayak. Gets me places most boats can't get to and it's nicer being this close to the water. They don't grow em as big here though as they do down in your neck of the woods. 

I would never say no to a 8.5 lbs. large mouth bass.... Bass fishing is good in Texas.... You should give it a try someday....

It is on my bucketlist of places to go and fish. Our average bass here is 1.5 lbs and our record is 10.14. Your average is almost as large as our record and most people think the next record will come from Texas as they have a spawning program where they are cross breeding bass from Florida and Texas. When we get a 4+ lb fish, it's a good day fishing. I have a friend who lives down there, just need to get the time to get down there.

What really makes it good down here is the fellowship that develops between fishermen.....

That's fine, we can agree to disagree. If there's better video to show it and shows different, I will happily join your side in then conversation.

That sounds great!  We'll meet here tomorrow after all the talking heads have analyzed and had their say, then one of us should have enough information to change our tune!

Hey, it might be me.  You never know.  B)

Edited by wvu80

That sounds great!  We'll meet here tomorrow after all the talking heads have analyzed and had their say, then one of us should have enough information to change our tune!

Sounds Good,lol

That is a large mouth bass, 8.5 lbs. I do a lot of fishing out of my kayak. Gets me places most boats can't get to and it's nicer being this close to the water. They don't grow em as big here though as they do down in your neck of the woods. 

I would never say no to a 8.5 lbs. large mouth bass.... Bass fishing is good in Texas.... You should give it a try someday....

It is on my bucketlist of places to go and fish. Our average bass here is 1.5 lbs and our record is 10.14. Your average is almost as large as our record and most people think the next record will come from Texas as they have a spawning program where they are cross breeding bass from Florida and Texas. When we get a 4+ lb fish, it's a good day fishing. I have a friend who lives down there, just need to get the time to get down there.

What really makes it good down here is the fellowship that develops between fishermen.....

It's mixed up here. I've been fishing for 8 years now, and the guy who got me into it was a tournament fisher, so he wasn't the most friendly when it came to speaking to other fishermen. I've met people who will let you right in with them on their spot if they are fishing in one spot also. I have no issues myself giving out information and tricks when it comes to fishing, and have also given equipment to kids when they are out at a lake with a parent who may not know what they are doing.  I have become a big student with fishing and try to learn why fish behave the way they do and about their feeding habits. I've also gotten into fly fishing and tying my own flies.Here's a few of my catches and one with my youngest son from 2 years ago.

I now have to learn more with my new hobby here with audio. 

post-59264-0-36900000-1419818590_thumb.j

post-59264-0-86140000-1419818604_thumb.j

post-59264-0-98060000-1419818627_thumb.j

post-59264-0-17180000-1419818645_thumb.j

post-59264-0-60500000-1419818657_thumb.j

post-59264-0-60460000-1419818706_thumb.j

post-59264-0-51660000-1419818722_thumb.j

• Like 1

It's mixed up here. I've been fishing for 8 years now, and the guy who got me into it was a tournament fisher, so he wasn't the most friendly when it came to speaking to other fishermen. I've met people who will let you right in with them on their spot if they are fishing in one spot also. I have no issues myself giving out information and tricks when it comes to fishing, and have also given equipment to kids when they are out at a lake with a parent who may not know what they are doing.  I have become a big student with fishing and try to learn why fish behave the way they do and about their feeding habits. I've also gotten into fly fishing and tying my own flies.Here's a few of my catches and one with my youngest son from 2 years ago.

Outstanding.... We can talk later on another thread about our hobby....

• Like 1

Outstanding.... We can talk later on another thread about our hobby....

there is something fishy about that conversation

Sounds Good,lol

ALRIGHTY THEN my friend, Jim, it seems the NFL saw the posts we both made on the Klipsch board, and they made their decision:

The Detroit Lions and Ndamukong Suh have been informed that the defensive tackle will be suspended for Sunday's wild-card playoff game against the Dallas Cowboys.

Suh's punishment comes a day after he stepped on the leg of Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

Suh "unnecessarily stepped on [the] opponent's unprotected leg as he lay on the ground unable to protect himself," according to a statement released by the NFL.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12093617/ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-suspended-playoff-game

Jim, are you now persuaded as well?  B)

Edited by wvu80

I've watched it again and again, if you look at the video really good, or can go back for that whole play, you'll see at the end of the play the offensive lineman has him by the jersey and pushes him, he goes back and even though they say he accidentally stepped on him the 1st time (this is the media of course), they don't agree that his 300 plus pound frames inertia carried him back off balance that 2nd step. And this is my opinion, and I'm going by having played football and baseball as well as basketball in leagues for 44 years now.It looks like to me the 2nd step was he was off balance, there's no stomping down as in his other issues he's had,he slips off his right foot while Rogers is down and while still going backwards uses his 2nd leg  to get his balance.

Now again, I'm not a fan of his or the Lions, he's a thug in my book that plays very dirty, but due to his past he's never going to get a break on anything like this. I don't think it would have been hyped up the way it is if it weren't Rogers on the ground to let's say a back up QB. Also, it's the NFL, the same crooked people who thought a 4 game suspension was good enough for a player who knocked out his wife, only to come back later and say we changed our minds now we want more. Even after they were proven by Rice to have seen the video before the 1st punishment was doled out.Mike Pereira doesn't think Ndamukong Suh intentionally stepped on Aaron Rodgers' injured leg.

In my opinion the NFL has become a bunch of low life thugs that are governed by another set of low life thugs.They can't get out of each others ways. They can't play team ball with one another and go crazy after making one play,even if they are down by 30 points. One play does not make a game,they need to shut up and play a full game,celebrate by actions for a full game, not 1 play.

I still play football in leagues and I am 46.The guys I play against are in their mid 20's to mid 30's. I let my actions speak for me.I play corner back, free safety, wide receiver, and occasionally QB. I never throw in anyone's face when I make a play against them,and we actually still complement each other when someone makes a great play,even against us. 

I  can see you've given this a lot of thought...much more than me, actually.  I decided immediately that it was intentional right after I saw the video.  Still, I respect your opinion.

As I tell my wife, I'm 100% right, 80% of the time.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Lol, try to look at the 1st video on you tube and just punch in Suh steps on Rogers,you'll see the play with the offensive lineman holding Suh, who doesn't even see Rogers behind him and at the end of the play pushes off Suh from the block. Suh only takes 2 steps, the slip off the right foot,and the left. Why didn't the ref's throw flags? They are right behind Rogers and any QB for that matter on any play.

I respect your side also, but I'm a Philadelphia lawyer, so I'm going to argue my point until you agree with me, or I aggravate you to the point you agree with me. LOL.

I could see how it could be intentional also,especially in slow motion,but having seen the play and watching the game here as it was shown as a "local" game believe it was unintentional, and believe me, I'm glad he's not playing next week against my team Dallas, but feel he shouldn't have been suspended.

Lol, try to look at the 1st video on you tube and just punch in Suh steps on Rogers,you'll see the play with the offensive lineman holding Suh, who doesn't even see Rogers behind him and at the end of the play pushes off Suh from the block. Suh only takes 2 steps, the slip off the right foot,and the left. Why didn't the ref's throw flags? They are right behind Rogers and any QB for that matter on any play.

I respect your side also, but I'm a Philadelphia lawyer, so I'm going to argue my point until you agree with me, or I aggravate you to the point you agree with me. LOL.

I could see how it could be intentional also,especially in slow motion,but having seen the play and watching the game here as it was shown as a "local" game believe it was unintentional, and believe me, I'm glad he's not playing next week against my team Dallas, but feel he shouldn't have been suspended.

Oh man, that is so funny!  :lol:  I think we are probably twin brothers of different mothers!

I too, love to argue.  We're guys, so obviously, we always think we're right!  I think the only thing my wife loves more about me, other than I am always right, is my marvelous sense of sarcasm.  My wife loves my sarcasm.  :wub:

Look, Jim (may I call you Jim?)  Whattayou mean "Suh doesn't even see Rodgers behind him."  Who do you THINK Suh thought was behind him, Bill Cosby???  Of COURSE he knew Rodgers was behind him.  He's a dirty player, not an idiot!

Suh has a long HISTORY of dirty play.  He has a HISTORY of tromping on Green Bay players, it's what got him a 4-game ban 3 years ago.  With only 11 Green Bay players on the field, do you really think he didn't know who was behind him?  And when he was "pushed" (your assertion) into Rodgers, do you really think that he took ANOTHER step backwards, BY ACCIDENT???

I rest my case.  :)

(and if I haven't convinced you by now, we'll take an ugly step backwards into mutual ad hominems.  I'll see how many improper arguments and logical fallacies I can hurl, and you see how many you can identify.  You're already the leader in the clubhouse, with my Improper Appeal to Authority (the NFL's decision).  Loser takes the winner to lunch.  B) )

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

sounds good. I do however think if he was doing it on purpose,there would have been more of a stomp, or even twisting of the cleat into his leg. Sorta like when he did then others it was very deliberate. 

Did you see the video of the Packers lineman having Suh by the shirt and push off at the end of the play? Suh wasn't even turned the way of Rogers, he was facing forward, and the whole push from the lineman made Suh go back 2 steps, if that. The 1st was him slipping on Rogers's leg, and the 2nd was him trying to catch his balance. I will admit the possibilty of him actually being that smart to make it look accidental,and purposely stepping on his leg, all within a microseconds time, if you can admit that there was the possibility he really did lose his balance and didn't purposely step on his leg. 

By the way, my wife doesn't even come close to having my sarcastic sense of humor. She actually thinks I'm not that funny.

Let the homonyms commence !!

• Like 1

They can't play team ball with one another and go crazy after making one play,even if they are down by 30 points. One play does not make a game,they need to shut up and play a full game,celebrate by actions for a full game, not 1 play.

That is my biggest gripe.  One tackle and it becomes all about that person.  If a defensive player makes a tackle, he is only doing his job.  If a receiver makes a catch, he is only doing his job.

The narcissistic celebrations make me ill.

Many in the league need to just look to Peyton Manning, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, and a few others on how to conduct themselves on and off the field.  With humility.

Sorry about the rant. :mellow:

Bill

• Like 2

Well said Bill. I like Peyton because he's so personable, and he has a good sense of humor about things. He's still a kid in many ways when it comes to the game itself. People like Cam Newton are a joke in ways with their superman stuff (Rogers with his belt). But Rogers can pretty much back it up all the time. 

I don't think there is any question about the second step on Rodgers' leg. I have watched it over and over again. Suh never even turned around to see whose leg he stepped on TWICE. If you knew that you were 300 pounds and just put ALL of your weight on an appendage of another player, wouldn't you at least look to see if you hurt that player? Only if you were pretending you had no clue as to what you just did TWICE, would you behave in such a way.

And that's all I've got to say about that... :rolleyes: