Center Channel Speaker Help.....PLEASE!

angusruler

post-45111-0-32520000-1423258299_thumb.jpost-45111-0-10000000-1423258313_thumb.jhello....today I moved my heresy 1 Decorators from my family rm to my mb.

they are being used as the two frnt channels in a 5.1 system. I have a polk center which I want to replace. not only because it doesn't sound good with my heresys, but I want to eventually make it a total klipsch 5.1 system.

would this be a good match with my heresys?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181644972716?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-RC-3-Center-Speaker-Black-/251825619901?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa1fa03bd

thank you.

Edited by angusruler
  • Like 1

If all you want is an "all Klipsch" system, then go listen to and buy whichever Klipsch center channel sounds best to you.

But when you ask for opinions on which center channel would be a good match with your current Heresy, then there really is only one speaker (another Heresy) that fits the bill. As there are no other Klipsch center channel speakers that have those drivers.

Even the other Klipsch, non-Heresy recommendations (an Academy or KLF-C7) will not be perfect. But are generally considered to be a better match to the Heresy than the RC-3 or KV-3 that you linked to.

• Like 2

Try calling Klipsch and asking what they would recommend also.

I'm not even close to being as advanced as other members on here, but if it were me, I'd try to match the tweeters as best as possible. If they are phenolic, I would think that would be your best bet. Either KG,KLF, or KSB would work with the KSC C-1 being the size range you are looking for,albeit it has an aluminum tweeter,but is a smaller speaker than the other center channels recommended. It also is close on the numbers with frequency and sensitivity.

• Like 2

Try calling Klipsch and asking what they would recommend also.

I'm not even close to being as advanced as other members on here, but if it were me, I'd try to match the tweeters as best as possible. If they are phenolic, I would think that would be your best bet. Either KG,KLF, or KSB would work with the KSC C-1 being the size range you are looking for,albeit it has an aluminum tweeter,but is a smaller speaker than the other center channels recommended. It also is close on the numbers with frequency and sensitivity.

thanks, jim.

• Like 1

would this be a good match with my heresys?

The KV is almost the same size as the SC-1. I would think that any of them would be O.K. and when you run set up mic it will calibrate for the differences.

The RC-3 has the titanium tweeter though and may still be a little harsher on the ears and brighter IMO.

I personally like the softer sound of phenolic, but that may be due to my ears being used to them for the past 18 years.

My RF set up can sometimes be a little overbearing for me depending on what I'm listening to, but that again may be because of what I'm used to listening to. In my near field listening I prefer the titanium.

• Like 1

While I understand that size i.e. space is the constraint, but my first preference will be Heresy like other forum members have mentioned.

I see you have Klipsch SC-20, Klipsch RC-25 and Klipsch KSC C-1 already in different rooms. I would recommend to check them out one by one with Heresy and see which one sings to your ears.

If none of them work for you then take both Heresy to nearby Klipsch Authrised Dealer and check them out with Klipsch centers available for audition. Klipsch RC 64 II is really a nice one, but not sure (1) it will fit in the space and (2) if its sonic signature will match with Hersey's

Good Luck

• Like 1