Klipsch Heritage $$$$

erikjohn

How much are used speakers in the heritage line going for these days?

I am current owner of Cornwalls and Heresey's. I just purchased K-horns for what I thought was top dollar $2950 but they are like new. I wasn't really sure what the going rate was but more looked at what they were worth to me. To me it was an investment in sound. They will probably be worth more in 5 years than if I put the money in the stock/money market.

Anyway, what did you buy/sell you Klipsch for? If I get enough responses I will go through the info and post the statistics.

Info to post:

1. Speaker type (Give year if known)

2. Condition

3. Year purchased

4. Price

My info:

1. 80' Heresys, Very Nice, 1991, $600

2. 84 Cornwalls, Very Nice, 1998, $350

3. 90 K-Horns, Like New, 2002, $2950

------------------

K-horn's(Main)

Cornwall's(Rear)

Heresey's(Center)

KSW-12(Sub)

Yamaha HTR 5150

61" Hitachi WIDESCREEN

Dish Net w/Opt Out

Xbox w/Comp Out(DVD)

JVC S-VHS

Pioneer 6 Disk CD

Sony Minidisk

-------------------------

Can you hear me now?

'89 Cornwall II $700 (near mint)

'94? Academy $250 (absolutely mint)

'88 Chorus $550 total invested after repair (fair/good cond, w burn mark on top)

Got 'em all in the last year.

Five channels, $1500. Good deal, huh??

I realize these are not all Heritage per se, but these get compared with, and used with Heritage by the forum so often, I thought it was worth sharing.

------------------

Klipsch Cornwall II's (mains) - Klipsch Academy (center channel) - Klipsch Chorus (surrounds)

Krell Home Theater Standard processor - Outlaw 750 Amplifier (5x165)

Bass Kit: 2 JBL 4638 LFE/Bass Reinforcement cabinets - Crown CE 1000 amplifier - Behringer Feedback Destroyer (Bass EQ)

Sources: Rega Planet CD Player - Pioneer DV-333 - 2 Aiwa ADF-850 3 head cassette decks - General Instruments cable box - Panasonic VHS PV-4459 - Digital Audio Labs CardDeluxe (computer sound)

f> c> s>

This message has been edited by dndphishin on 08-07-2002 at 10:28 AM

Hi Eric,

I live in Oviedo and am curious if you bought the Oak Khorns off of eBay that were in Oviedo? We should get together and check out one another's systems.

(2002) 1986 La Scala's in avg condition for $860 (they are now mint for $1260 in Golden Oak)

(2001) 1989 Chorus I's in Finished Black (near mint) for $600

(2001) 1990 Chorus II's in Oiled Oak (near mint) paid $500 and sold for $700 to board member

(2001) 1976 Heresy's in poor cosmetic condition for $175 (did an OK job refinishing myself)

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

This message has been edited by Mike Lindsey on 08-07-2002 at 11:29 AM

89 Forte I, 8/10, 2001, $600

89 Forte I, 8/10, 2001, $600 (second pair)

89 Chorus I (7/10) and 89 Forte I (8/10), 2001, $1000 for both pairs

90's KV3, 10/10, 2000, $225

90 KG3, 7/10, 2000, $180

Now when I go to sell any of this stuff, y'all'll (is that legal to write) know what I paid!!

Doug

------------------

My System

Don't know if 6 months in 'lanta in the early 80's counts, but this ex-newyawka hasn't spent any other time down there, 'cept for the trip to Hope last yeuh.

Pass the mint julip, please.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Doug

------------------

My System

This message has been edited by dougdrake on 08-07-2002 at 01:57 PM

Mike,

No I didn't pick that pair up but I saw them and I contemplated bidding on them. They were very nice but I wasn't sure about the modification but I'm sure they could have easily been restored back to original. I picked up a black pair from a guy in clearwater,fl. I am picking them up this sunday.

Right now I just bought a new house in Oviedo (Behind tuskawilla middle school on Tuskawilla Rd) but I am not going to move in for a couple months. We are going to add on to it before we move in. Adding on a theater room (25'x30') for me and a second master. The new theater room will allow me to house the Khorns. Until then they will be sitting my garage getting refinished to woodgrain. Getting together would be neat. Maybe once I get the new horns you can come and check them out.

------------------

K-horn's(Main)

Cornwall's(Rear)

Heresey's(Center)

KSW-12(Sub)

Yamaha HTR 5150

61" Hitachi WIDESCREEN

Dish Net w/Opt Out

Xbox w/Comp Out(DVD)

JVC S-VHS

Pioneer 6 Disk CD

Sony Minidisk

-------------------------

Can you hear me now?

Erik,

I live right off of South Lake Jessup and Red Bug (Mitchell Hammock), probably about 5 minutes from where you will be. You can Email if you want at mlindsey@dewberry.com and I'll shoot you my phone number. Would love to have you over the house sometime. I've got a pair of ALK's on the way as well as a Rega Planet. Can't wait to hear what these will sound like with my updated Scott 299 (Thanks Craig!).

Let me know when you get in the new house. I can't wait to see my first dedicated HT room...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems