Divergent with the girls

Youthman

• Moderators

My daughters wanted to rent Divergent last night.  I wasn't planning on watching it with them but figured I would watch the first few minutes of it.  Needless to say, I watched the entire movie.  I really enjoyed it.  Unfortunately it was late and my wife was already asleep so we didn't have it loud and the subs were off.  Guess I'll have to watch it again when she's gone so I can fire up the Dual RSW-15's and the RSW-12 that I picked up.  :D

I'm REALLY enjoying the new Panasonic AE8000u.  I still need to take the time to calibrate the colors but out of the box, it looks great and is much brighter than my previous 3000u.

Divergent.jpg

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 1

The kids love these movies that were originally book they read somewhere along the way.  I also enjoyed the movie.  This one is a good one for girls.  The main character is mild mannered young lady who becomes a hero for freedom.  Michael, I love the look of the room!

• Like 1

My daughters wanted to rent Divergent last night. I wasn't planning on watching it with them but figured I would watch the first few minutes of it. Needless to say, I watched the entire movie. I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately it was late and my wife was already asleep so we didn't have it loud and the subs were off. Guess I'll have to watch it again when she's gone so I can fire up the Dual RSW-15's and the RSW-12 that I picked up. :D

I'm REALLY enjoying the new Panasonic AE8000u. I still need to take the time to calibrate the colors but out of the box, it looks great and is much brighter than my previous 3000u.

Divergent.jpg

cute little sub. Bet that little guy runs out of steam quick out in the middle of the room like that.
  • Like 1

Scrappy, the RSW-12 isn't hooked up yet. Lol. I want to put it to the side of my chairs to see if it makes a difference at all. Will be against one wall.

I think it will make a noticeable difference.

I referenced this in your other thread:

Michael,   As I have mentioned before, my buddy Jon runs a full RF-7 rig with only a TX-NR5007 with a single RSW15 in his 18 x 25 theater room and it lacks nothing in the sound department.  Action movie tracks sound as good as any setup I have ever heard.  Dynamics are as free wheeling as can be and the single RSW15 with a somewhat unique placement(tucked in a horn-like corner next to and below the seating riser) extends(audibly) noticeably below the subs spec'd -3dB+/-@19Hz.   If the Onkyo has an easy time with his RF-7's/RC-7, I am sure it will not even break a sweat with your LaScala trio.   Bill

Bill

Edited by willland

Within 2 ft. of the front role, the sub will be in the nearfield.  It may not add to the over spl in the room with the larger sub but, it will provide more tactile sensation which is the goal.  Particle velocity will come into play for tactile sensation.  In the nearfield the PV is out of phase and allows more tactile feel without jacking up the spl.  I think that room should be plenty loud, lol.

• Like 1

My daughters wanted to rent Divergent last night.  I wasn't planning on watching it with them but figured I would watch the first few minutes of it.  Needless to say, I watched the entire movie.  I really enjoyed it.  Unfortunately it was late and my wife was already asleep so we didn't have it loud and the subs were off.  Guess I'll have to watch it again when she's gone so I can fire up the Dual RSW-15's and the RSW-12 that I picked up.  :D

I'm REALLY enjoying the new Panasonic AE8000u.  I still need to take the time to calibrate the colors but out of the box, it looks great and is much brighter than my previous 3000u.

Divergent.jpg

now that is super cinema room , down to the levelled stairs ,the color of the room , the curtains , and the escape doors in the back - now make the screen bigger and you would have my vote for the no 1 theatre room I ever saw - congratulations - this is a feat we all dream off and so few of us actually do-

Youthman, a better way to think about what I said is the nearfied is the driver working hard.  This is where PV comes into play.  In the farfield subs, spl is the driver working hard+ room+tranfer function of room and equipment.  I hope this explanation is a little clearer. :)

• Moderators

Wow Randy, thank you for the kind words.  It has definitely been a work in progress and once wakejunkie has recovered from his 3 strokes, he will resume building my new front wall with a 150" Acoustic Transparent Screen.  Take a look at the LaScala Trio Build Thread in my signature to see renderings of the new screen.

I have a feeling some might be intimidated by the three LaScalas that close to the front row. :) I would be calling front row every time. Kind of like sitting in the front seat of a roller coaster!!

Edited by agile1966
  • Like 1

• Moderators
I have a feeling some might be intimidated by the three LaScalas that close to the front row. :) I would be calling front row every time. Kind of like sitting in the front seat of a roller coaster!!

There are definitely lots of smiling going on in the front row.  :D

Beautiful theater.

Thanks man.

If I ever get to Plant City, I will bring a BluRay and a six pack. :)

I don't drink so a single coke is enough....don't want my kidney stones acting up ya know.  ;):lol:

With dual RSW-15's in your theater I wonder what seat shakers would be like? You might not care about a 3rd sub.

Yeah, not sure.  Funny thing is I definitely don't "need" more bass but after hearing wakejunkies's dual 18" IB subs, my goodness that's a pretty exciting experience.

• Like 1

I have been lucky... I have not had Kidney Stones for about 5 years now. I had them about 4 or 5 times over a previous period of 10 years though. One remedy I tried (which actually tasted good) was to make a tea out of the corn hair (not sure what the correct term is). :)