China's toxic lake

Paducah Home Theater

i HAVE NOT done any fact checking; however, i read that the WORST car environmentally is the Prius.  Reason being that there is so much more waste in the manufacturing of those batteries.  If this is true, how sad that people drive around thinking “i’m doing my part” when they’d have been more friendly to the environment if they’d bought a gas guzzler.

Solar and wind energy are ecologically friendly. It looks like the current means to build the infrastructure may be very ecologically damaging. I still think it is better than the tens of billions of tons of Carbon Dioxide being pumped into the atmosphere each year. http://co2now.org/Current-CO2/CO2-Now/global-carbon-emissions.html

The more focus there is on building an alternative clean electrical infrastructure, the better off we will all be. There is more than enough solar, wind, tidal, geothermal and wave energy to power our entire world. There is no need to burn anything. If we are good stewards and build this infrastructure without causing more damage with land fills and processes like this, we can make this world a much better place.

If any of you are old enough to remember Pittsburgh back in the industrial age, and have seen it now, you can appreciate what I am talking about. That city is clean and frankly beautiful. It used to be smoggy black and sooty. It was awful. Why can't we work to make the rest of the world like that? Clean it up, and make this a world we are proud to have our grand-kids grow up on.

This does not have to be a political fight. Every man, woman and child on Earth would benefit it we would clean up our act. To poo-poo progress by stating all the bad things it caused is to stop progress. More importantly, it is giving up. Most people don't want change because of fear. 

Pittsburgh before:

1-2-444-25-ExplorePAHistory-a0b6r5-a_349

11702256.jpg

Pittsburgh now:

PNC-PARK.jpg

CathedralFromSS.jpg

Edited by mustang guy

I'm not at all educated like many on this board.

I read threads like the "going to Mars" one and others, am VERY impressed with the intelligence of many here.

WAY beyond mine.

But I humbly yet strongly have a comment on this current China thread, that much applies to other Communist/ or "Recently Communist"  (ha ha ya funny Your heart of your government is still the same as it was for years)

Here ya go - And if I get blackballed. I DON'T CARE.

IMHO, WHENEVER a government restricts association with a Loving God, and I'm NOT even mandating Christian alone,

you end up with a hot mess of S**T.

Feed our lovely Dogs crap, limited quality control, ship us unhealthy foods, etc. and etc.

Like an above said, No soul. No one to ultimately answer to.

My Parents and Grandparents fled from Communism in Europe.

Crap - they had $ and assets. They left with their clothes and one suitcase each to live in the USA.

My opinion, Lars

• Like 1

Re: the electric cars.

They MAY, or may NOT be all told said and done more "efficient" or end result "less carbon footprint"

The marketing is geared for idiots that just don't picture the energy needs to come from some transfer of energy.

Now, solar or wind or some other high tech possibly IS an alternative.   Lars

but they dont know how to clean it up -

Oh come on now~~ Do your really think the Chinese are in capable of knowing how to minimize waste/pollution/clean it up......... Do you really think that's the reason for Sludge Lake.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150402-the-worst-place-on-earth

In case you ever wanted to see what the byproduct of smart phones, flat screen TV's, catalytic converters, and speaker magnets looked like. :)

I think if you listen to a little Beach Boys music while reviewing the photos of Sludge Lake, it doesn't really look that bad.

I wonder what crops or products they make with the treated sludge from sludge lake.

Edited by Gilbert

Solar and wind energy are ecologically friendly

Why yes, yes.... I see what you mean. By all accounts, let's take our garbage and spread it across vast areas along the ccountry side. Lets save that ugly industrial side stain in the city, lets tear down the smoke stacks in that 500 acre power plant and spread 50 or 60 beautiful windmill generators across 10,000 acres to enhance the country landscape with Eco Friendly windmill generators. Oh How Lovely.

It looks soooooo cool when we drive by and see all those windmills just a turnin & burnin, but it's certainly no place anybody would want to live..... because it's eco friendly and beautiful.

Just look at all those new places for the birds to land and sing, wooooops, be careful with that windmill blade, you silly birdy.  Well, at least the deer and foxes can sleep under the solar mirrors..... that is, until they start leaking.... but lets not dwell on the unpleasant side of what we call Eco Friendly..... Let all go to the city and soak-in the beauty of the asphalt, concrete and steel that use to be a working power plant.

post-10277-0-57760000-1428704766_thumb.j

post-10277-0-41640000-1428704779_thumb.j

post-10277-0-64840000-1428704790_thumb.j

post-10277-0-14560000-1428704802_thumb.j

post-10277-0-25120000-1428704814_thumb.j

post-10277-0-00120000-1428704824_thumb.j

Edited by Gilbert

At this point, I would believe they would do anything to gain a few cents/ ounce or pound. 

Absolutely no conscience or morals or ethics. Criminals, morals and possibly legally criminal.

I do not intend to SINGLE them out, because we have some level of this crap with US producers.

But seemingly not to the level they do.

Again IMHO. this is what humans can do with no Ultimate Authority acknowledged or Honored.      Lars